The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow University Software Engineering faster route

Has anyone any experience dealing with the admissions department at Glasgow University?
I’m actually writing about my son: he’s had his answer from them but I’m not ready to put this to bed yet.
He’s moving sideways from cybersecurity studies, with the plan to now finish off with a degree in software engineering.
He left school after 5th year in Scotland: he had 5 Highers at grade A and started a graduate apprenticeship at 17.
Now, Glasgow University admissions have rejected his application for the fast track course mentioned above.
The reason? They’re basically looking for 6 Highers at grade A. So he resubmitted his University transcript explaining that he could only take 5 Highers in fifth year at his school, however, as a 17 year old he passed all the modules that are in the first year of their own computing science degree. All at distinction level (with a letter of exceptional achievement from his current university).
Would this not suffice in lieu of the missing 6th higher? Apparently not.
Now I see the course is closed to all but EU and international applicants.
Sorry about the lengthy post but has anyone else had a similar experience?

(Thanks to the moderators for moving this to the correct forum👍🏻)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Are you allowed to apply for the faster route without 3 AH's? They seem to only have rejected your son because he could not get 6 Higher A's without any mention of AH's. I'm asking as I also wish to apply for the faster route for Software Engineering but have not picked AH maths. Cheers :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending