The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath accommodation thread 2012-2013. Poll included (woodland added)!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dan_oufc
I take it thats for Westwood? Thats not the same for all halls I take it....

Nah that's just Westwood, not 100% sure for other halls.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 881
Original post by Quadratic
Between 17 people. Rooms 11 & 12 are bathrooms with 2 showers and 2 toilets in each. It's manageable as you'll find people never end up eating at the same time.

What's the highest room number in westwood? I'm room 23 and I want to know how near I am to the end :biggrin:
I applied to Woodland and I applied realllyyyy early like at 9am on the first day yet I haven't been allocated and I heard it's full as well as Westwood (the nearest alternative) so now I'm in a flap. Is anyone else in a similar situation? :frown:

Original post by hannah_forbes
I applied to Woodland and I applied realllyyyy early like at 9am on the first day yet I haven't been allocated and I heard it's full as well as Westwood (the nearest alternative) so now I'm in a flap. Is anyone else in a similar situation? :frown:

I haven't heard either and I applied to Westwood way before the deadline. On the freshers facebook page it says to only panic if we hadn't heard by the 14th. Where did you hear that Westwood and Woodland were full?

Yeah me too, though I applied to M&S. Hope they don't give us accommodation in the city. May see about swapping if they do.
Original post by robert_page
I haven't heard either and I applied to Westwood way before the deadline. On the freshers facebook page it says to only panic if we hadn't heard by the 14th. Where did you hear that Westwood and Woodland were full?

Ok I'll bear that in mind haha. Oh I only heard rumours it was nothing official but one of my friends has been put in one of the last flats of Westwood and Woodland was way more popular than Woodland. I'm probably just being paranoid though :')

Original post by DylanLJG
Yeah me too, though I applied to M&S. Hope they don't give us accommodation in the city. May see about swapping if they do.

I know that'd be the worst :frown: What's confusing is on the Bath Accommodation portal it says I've been allocated but then I haven't received an email or anything and that was over a week ago :/

I know that'd be the worst :frown: What's confusing is on the Bath Accommodation portal it says I've been allocated but then I haven't received an email or anything and that was over a week ago :/

Same with me, says I've been allocated, but nothing else yet. So annoying, it's already been three weeks!!
Reply 888
Original post by foolscap
What's the highest room number in westwood? I'm room 23 and I want to know how near I am to the end :biggrin:

It depends exactly on which westwood block you're in - some are vertical, some are horizontal flats. Either way though that's likely to be pretty close to the end(/top).

There's only 19 in the house ones. The corridors might have more... Where are you staying?

Reply 890
There's only 19 in the house ones. The corridors might have more... Where are you staying?

Quarry ! Is that a house or corridor one? :biggrin:
Reply 891
Original post by DylanLJG
Same with me, says I've been allocated, but nothing else yet. So annoying, it's already been three weeks!!

Just wait. Mine said "allocated" two weeks before I got my contract, though that was in the beginning of August. You will receive your contract shortly; if you have been allocated a room, then there is nothing to worry about. :wink:
Quarry ! Is that a house or corridor one? :biggrin:

That's one of the few I never visited I'm afraid. Can only assume its a corridor if you have #23 though. Not sure how they work number wise but they corridor is split in the middle by a room with 4 showers and 4 toilets. And then a kitchen on both ends :smile:

Reply 893
That's one of the few I never visited I'm afraid. Can only assume its a corridor if you have #23 though. Not sure how they work number wise but they corridor is split in the middle by a room with 4 showers and 4 toilets. And then a kitchen on both ends :smile:

Upon my travels I stumbled upon this, so rooms numbered up to 25 perhaps.
Reply 894
At least you guys have had yours allocated. Mine is still awaiting allocation :|
Original post by stifa
Just wait. Mine said "allocated" two weeks before I got my contract, though that was in the beginning of August. You will receive your contract shortly; if you have been allocated a room, then there is nothing to worry about. :wink:

That gives me hope haha thank you!

Original post by tjboo
At least you guys have had yours allocated. Mine is still awaiting allocation :|

Same, I sent an email off on Friday but haven't got a reply yet. :frown:

Reply 897
Hey does anyone know what type of t.v / monitor is provided in Westwood Conygre accommodation (or any other enhanced standard rooms). Im just wondering if it will have a HDMI port or am i expecting too much :P
Reply 898
Original post by marcus.w
Hey does anyone know what type of t.v / monitor is provided in Westwood Conygre accommodation (or any other enhanced standard rooms). Im just wondering if it will have a HDMI port or am i expecting too much :P

Is this for PS3/Xbox capabilities? As I'm debating whether its worth bringing mine. I've seen people talk about the monitors but my understanding is its simply a pc monitor, although I've seen you can get a tv license for it, so confusing....

I would have thought a HDMI port would be unlikely, although thats not to say there aren't ways of getting round that...

Anyone?
Reply 899
Original post by dan_oufc
Is this for PS3/Xbox capabilities? As I'm debating whether its worth bringing mine. I've seen people talk about the monitors but my understanding is its simply a pc monitor, although I've seen you can get a tv license for it, so confusing....

I would have thought a HDMI port would be unlikely, although thats not to say there aren't ways of getting round that...

Anyone?

Well its for my macbook im getting a thunderbolt to hdmi port adaptor.. i just need some genius to tell me what samsung monitor this one is on here so i can find out what ports it has
http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/virtual-tour/westwood.html

Quick Reply

Latest