The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath accommodation thread 2012-2013. Poll included (woodland added)!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by Bantersaurus Rexx
Just checked the portal, ive been allocated to Westwood :/ eventhough i applied to marl/sols :frown: whats westwood like people?

Also we cant swap can we?

There is absolutely no problem with Westwood at all, some of the rooms are probably larger than those in marl/sols as there's no en-suite to take up space. Also as said the atmosphere seems to be better due to the larger kitchen groups.
The Bathrooms/kitchens were cleaned twice a week in Brendon so i'm guessing it's the same for Westwood, which is more than enough. I didn't have to queue once for the shower, in fact normally only one was in use at any time and if the loos are in use then just pop along the corridor to the other ones, no problem :smile:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by jhyde_77
There is absolutely no problem with Westwood at all, some of the rooms are probably larger than those in marl/sols as there's no en-suite to take up space. Also as said the atmosphere seems to be better due to the larger kitchen groups.
The Bathrooms/kitchens were cleaned twice a week in Brendon so i'm guessing it's the same for Westwood, which is more than enough. I didn't have to queue once for the shower, in fact normally only one was in use at any time and if the loos are in use then just pop along the corridor to the other ones, no problem :smile:

This. Only minus the corridor- the toilets are all in the same place pretty much :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 922
Still awaiting allocation. Hope you don't need to know your colour to buy a wristband tomorrow morning. Really hope I get Westwood. It was the one I applied for and now some others that applied for Marlsborough etc are getting Westwood places. Hopefully they aren't taking spaces from those that applied for Westwood specifically :|
Reply 923
Original post by tjboo
Don't worry, there will be in my room...providing I get allocated. I should be able to convince my Mum that it is a good idea to take my TV. If so, you are welcome to join me!

Awesome! We can have inter-floor/halls tournaments :wink:.
Reply 924
Finally got allocated. Mendip M3.25!
Reply 925
Original post by tjboo
Finally got allocated. Mendip M3.25!

You're a floor below me!
Reply 926
Hey guys, i was wondering if any ex-westwood people could tell me if there is sets of cutlery, pans, plates, and utensils in the shared kitchents. Or is it realistically going to be appliances and a few scruffy pans? Any information much appreciated :smile:
Reply 927
Original post by Bantersaurus Rexx
Just logged into the portal, it says allocated but still no email :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hav u checked the contracts option on the side in the portal?? I didnt get an email for my accommodation offer I jus chked n there was a contract waiting for me!! :smile:
Original post by marcus.w
Hey guys, i was wondering if any ex-westwood people could tell me if there is sets of cutlery, pans, plates, and utensils in the shared kitchents. Or is it realistically going to be appliances and a few scruffy pans? Any information much appreciated :smile:

(Ex-Cotswold here): You have to provide all of your own cutlery, pans, plates and utensils. From last year I remember having a kettle & microwave and that was about it. Bought our own toaster but I know some Westwood places have one - its a bit luck of the draw!
Reply 929
Original post by dan_oufc
You're a floor below me!

Yes buddy! The FIFA tournament is on haha! What room number are you?
Original post by tjboo

I'm in Eastwood, but I would still bloody love to get involved with this! Are we talking 12 or when 13 is out? :tongue:
Reply 931
Original post by tjboo

Schweeet! Haha, I'm 4.18! What you studying btw?
Reply 932
Original post by robert_page
I'm in Eastwood, but I would still bloody love to get involved with this! Are we talking 12 or when 13 is out? :tongue:

When 13 is out, will head into town and make a purchase or order it once we get the postal addresses sorted.
Reply 933
Original post by dan_oufc
Schweeet! Haha, I'm 4.18! What you studying btw?

Awesome. Politics with Economics, you?
Reply 934
Original post by Quadratic
(Ex-Cotswold here): You have to provide all of your own cutlery, pans, plates and utensils. From last year I remember having a kettle & microwave and that was about it. Bought our own toaster but I know some Westwood places have one - its a bit luck of the draw!

Thankyou Quadratic :biggrin: thats really helpful! so i need my own kit really :P

After my first year i shall return to student room to follow in your footsteps :proud: and be helpful to newcomers
Original post by marcus.w
Thankyou Quadratic :biggrin: thats really helpful! so i need my own kit really :P

After my first year i shall return to student room to follow in your footsteps :proud: and be helpful to newcomers

It's the best thing to do to avoid doing work :P I think I spent most of my revision time on here...
Reply 936
Original post by tjboo
Awesome. Politics with Economics, you?

Social Work and Applied Social Studies.
Ah I see you've found me on Facebook!
Will have to introduce myself on Freshers Week!
Original post by tjboo

I'd like to join you guys! I'm Marlborough, but seeing as the newest FIFA I have is 09 (I've only got a PS2) it'd be nice to try a newer one. :biggrin:

bit out of practice so I'll probably be crap though, and I'll be even worse if it's Xbox :ninja: :laugh:
Anybody near Woodland W1E1.03 at all!?!!?

Doing Aerospace :smile:
Reply 939
Well, serious cock up on my accommodation. I apply for Westwood on April 26th. Allocated a room finally on September 14th and accept the contract the same day. Was allocated Westwood Mendip M3.25. I started adding and talking to people in Mendip near me. I spoke to one girl who said that she had applied and was told she was on M3 but didn't know what room yet. I then go on the facebook page today and see that the same girl (who is a nice person just to clarify) says she has finally got her accommodation sorted and she is M3.25. I check my email and this morning I was told that I'd had my contract withdrawn as the room I was allocated was not available and that I had received a new contract for Westwood Wolfson L1.07. It's not a huge problem, but it's frustrating when I know a fair few people in Mendip now and when I had accepted the contract...

Quick Reply

Latest