The Student Room Group

Try out the new **iPhone, iPad or Android** TSR App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Sufistic
Tell me about it! At this rate, I might get a finger cramp!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, the cramping finger reminds me of getoom's post :biggrin:

Seriously though, it is a bit annoying. My finger joints hurt from continually swiping up and down :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 381
Original post by G8D
Can't disable forced signature ad for the mobile app. It takes forever to delete it manually.

If you're on the iPhone app, delete it, add a space, and then turn it off. I've not had an issue since I did that. It kept coming back before I did that.
Original post by G8D
I'm on Android (and was commuting). I was just about to test this :smile:

EDIT: No luck. I set it to custom and just put a space in there but it's still default. Same when I choose 'none' as my option.

Thought it was only me. Definitely happens on android and I have a feeling on ios as well...
Reply 383
What's this new thing where when you view a thread, it shows the current page as the last page of the thread, but when you scroll right to the bottom, the "Next page" button makes it obvious that there are more pages to the thread?

I find it really annoying, it only presents in the last update.

:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ash92:)
What's this new thing where when you view a thread, it shows the current page as the last page of the thread, but when you scroll right to the bottom, the "Next page" button makes it obvious that there are more pages to the thread?

I find it really annoying, it only presents in the last update.

:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately this has been a problem right from the start of the app. I reported it last year. Apparently it's due to deleted posts making the app think that the end of the thread is actually earlier than it is.

The workaround is simply to "back" to the watched threads and hit the thread again. Somehow doing it twice manages to take you to the real end of the thread
Reply 385
Since the update on my iPhone 4 - the stupid ad at the bottom of the page now prevents me from moving to any of other other tabs. It completely covers 'latest' and so on. So now I can only view my watches threads and forums.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any chance of a Windows Phone app?
Windows phone version please :smile:
You can't even rate comments or get notified if anyone has quoted you???
Original post by G8D
Considering they don't functionally update (and pretty much haven't since launch) the iOS/Android apps I doubt they'll invest in such a small ecosystem.

The reason the Windows Phone ecosystem is so small is because no-one develops apps for it in the first place :tongue: Everyone and everything has to start somewhere!
Reply 390
This app does not work on my Sony Xperia Tipo :frown:
Reply 391
Reputation, etc... Can't be seen.
At the moment, I'm just using the desktop site on Chrome for iPad - so much more reliable.
Reply 392
Original post by Tuya
Reputation, etc... Can't be seen.
At the moment, I'm just using the desktop site on Chrome for iPad - so much more reliable.

That's 'cause it's not on the app.

Hopefully that's not on yet...
This still hasn't been fixed! Does anyone at TSR actually care about this app?

:rolleyes:
Original post by Plato's Trousers
This still hasn't been fixed! Does anyone at TSR actually care about this app?

:rolleyes:

Elsewhere (I think in the thread with the video from a tsr staff member?) they've noted plans to start building an actual mobile version of the website (as opposed to hooking a custom app into an API) with presumably the end intention of decommissioning the app, so I have doubts anything much is going to happen.
Just downloaded the app but I can't figure it out. When I open it, the welcome page comes up but I don't know how to do anything. Tried tapping everything, swiping, pressing the menu button, nothing happens.. Am I missing something really obvious or is there a problem?
Original post by Watch Key Phone
Just downloaded the app but I can't figure it out. When I open it, the welcome page comes up but I don't know how to do anything. Tried tapping everything, swiping, pressing the menu button, nothing happens.. Am I missing something really obvious or is there a problem?

Is this the Android version? By the "welcome page", is that the full-age splash screen with the logo or something else? It should progress to a list of forums/threads after briefly showing the splash screen; if not, try closing it and re-opening. I find that occasionally the app hangs on the splash screen, but it usually resolves itself upon reloading.
Original post by Illusionary
Is this the Android version? By the "welcome page", is that the full-age splash screen with the logo or something else? It should progress to a list of forums/threads after briefly showing the splash screen; if not, try closing it and re-opening. I find that occasionally the app hangs on the splash screen, but it usually resolves itself upon reloading.

Yeah, it's the android version, and the splash page is what I meant. I've tried reopening a few times. I just un- and reinstalled it and its doing the same thing. It just stays on the splash page. :unsure:
Original post by Watch Key Phone
Yeah, it's the android version, and the splash page is what I meant. I've tried reopening a few times. I just un- and reinstalled it and its doing the same thing. It just stays on the splash page. :unsure:

Not good :erm: What phone and OS version are you using? That might help to diagnose the cause of the problem, though we may need the dev team to look into it in any detail.
Original post by Illusionary
Not good :erm: What phone and OS version are you using? That might help to diagnose the cause of the problem, though we may need the dev team to look into it in any detail.

I'm on a Google Nexus 7 tablet. And I believe its the most up-to-date version of the android OS, whatever that is :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending