The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Axion
Seriously, am i the only one to have left revision until tomorrow onwards :dunce:

I bet you're one of those people that say they havn't revised and done loads. I have 'friends' that do the same thing and end up with A's and say that it was down to luck. Luck my ass! It really annoys the hell out of me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 81
No...., I am starting tomorrow. I did do 2 papers for f211 a while back, and am just looking through them now - the mark schemes are really harsh.
Reply 82
I AM SO SCARED I HAVE SO MUCH LEFT TO LEARN and i need to start practice papers!!!
Reply 83
ABCstudent - just checked, the january 2011 f211 a boundary was ONLY 70%!
Reply 84
Original post by Axion
ABCstudent - just checked, the january 2011 f211 a boundary was ONLY 70%!

omg yay thats a relief! are you sure?? :biggrin:
Reply 85
june 2009 was also 70%
Jan 2009 was 77%
jan 2010 was 67%
Reply 86
Original post by ABCstudent
omg yay thats a relief! are you sure?? :biggrin:

yep - not sure how to check for the more recent papers. I can't find the grade boundaries.
Reply 87
Original post by PrettyLittleLiars
I bet you're one of those people that say they havn't revised and done loads. I have 'friends' that do the same thing and end up with A's and say that it was down to luck. Luck my ass! It really annoys the hell out of me.

well its the student room so i don't think anyone would have a motive to lie :smile: EXAM STREEEESSS
Reply 88
Jan 2012 was 72%
Reply 89
for an A? wow thats quite surprisingly low :smile: thanks for checking that out
Reply 90
june 2011 was 75%. I suppose if you know your stuff thats not too high :smile:
Reply 91
last one: jan 2011 also 70% for an A

To be honest, f211 is 2% of the difficulty of f212
Reply 92
unfortunately, having had a quick look at comparing jan 2012 & jan 2011. Jan 2012 is so so so much harder. :frown:
:/ It's so easy to lose 15 marks though, the mark scheme is so specific
Anyone actually doing some revision up here? Just did the specimen paper and it actually went well :O. The Jan 2012 paper was well hard though...Hope it will be better this time round.
Reply 95
Original post by PrettyLittleLiars
Anyone actually doing some revision up here? Just did the specimen paper and it actually went well :O. The Jan 2012 paper was well hard though...Hope it will be better this time round.

The jan 2012 paper has seem to have shifted from other past papers. The older papers were write down the knowledge, whereas the jan 2012 is more application of knowledge :frown:
Reply 96
LOLOLOLOL

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1889595

i hate cells so hopefully lots on transport this time :biggrin:

:party:
Lol I hope that isn't us in a few days creating protest groups, the worst bit is that it was a really hard paper and the grade boundary was only a few marks lower than usual -.-

Praying we get a good paper
Original post by TaraBelle
what would you say is the most essential thing to do? other than the usual past papers etc? :smile:

Hard to say really, just the usual revision tips.
-Make sure you know all definitions/key words! You'll pick up easy marks. I had a 6 mark question which was a 'fill in the gaps', basically just 6 definitions!
-Look at the specification, make sure you can do everything on there.
-Make sure you understand the principles of water potential, phloem/xylem, gaseous exchange etc. If you know the principle of it, it will be easier to work out/answer questions you may not know the exact answer to...if that makes sense? S:
-Time keeping is essential in the exam! Make sure you use the most of it.

Hope this helps! xxx
Original post by Axion
unfortunately, having had a quick look at comparing jan 2012 & jan 2011. Jan 2012 is so so so much harder. :frown:

This is probably because all science exams this year have become harder, so it's more difficult to get the top grades which sucks :/

Latest

Trending

Trending