Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

OCR Biology AS F211 May 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I made this thread as I couldn't find a thread for the F211 paper being sat in May 2012.

How is everyone getting on with revision?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    But im doing aqa.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthurry)
    But im doing aqa.
    Can't help you then unfortunately ... :/
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    :bump:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    kind of scared about this exam as ocr is known to give really opened questions and then expect a very specific response. How are u revising?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggy88)
    kind of scared about this exam as ocr is known to give really opened questions and then expect a very specific response. How are u revising?
    Haven't really started that much revision yet - how are you revising?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Glad that this thread was mad for those sitting this module in May

I'm really nervous :afraid:. I haven't really revised for this module as I'm putting my effort in other subjects.

Have you guys have any techniques, tips etc for this module?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys!

Im resitting this,F212 and then doing f214 as well.

Gahhh.

Apparently this is supposed to be the easiest exam (so my teacher says) as all you have to do is memorise and not really apply anything.

Still think its super hard.
    Gah hate biology. Havent started revision for this but i will start tomorrow!

Hows everyone else getting on?

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    too much content so ive given up on as biology for now and revising chemistry instead.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who needs help understanding the concepts of this unit feel free to PM me as a lot of this unit is the fundamentals of what you will study through all the other units.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Illuminati)
    Anyone who needs help understanding the concepts of this unit feel free to PM me as a lot of this unit is the fundamentals of what you will study through all the other units.
    have you got any techniques, tips etc for this exam? I heard doing loads of past papers help.

And have you got notes for this exam?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boqore)
    have you got any techniques, tips etc for this exam? I heard doing loads of past papers help.

And have you got notes for this exam?
    My notes were all hand-written for this module and I gave them away to a friend who is resitting the exam.
    I would advice you to get to grips with the terminology examiners use. They try and confuse you on purpose to make you think you don't know the answer. Looking at past papers helps you learn patterns they generally use. Most of F211 content comes from the old spec Transport module (code: 2803/01) and the Foundation module (code: 2801). Looking at the mark schemes helps you pick out key words especially since QWC marks just require you using key words.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah resit for me here, revision is quite quite well!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi F211 people!
    At school we got given a revision disc with loads of past questions (from the previous specification) that are relevant to this course.

I've uploaded them to Google Docs, and they should be viewable from the below link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By8...U5EN2RDcmtBU2s

This includes questions for F211, F212, F214 and F215

Please +ve rep if this has been helpful!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Resitting this and taking F212 for the first time :afraid: Even physics (worst subject) seems to make more sense. :nooo:

<3 x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Taking this for a third time! got 63, then 67 - need to get 80+
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    so stressed about this exam.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Heard Jan 12 paper was killer! hope our paper is better! Biology unit1 is harder then A2!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking this exam... dreading it
    I got a D (one mark off a C) in Jan!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alotties)
    I'm taking this exam... dreading it
    I got a D (one mark off a C) in Jan!
    I got a D too.I hate this exam lool..its just vague at times and not really stimulating.
Updated: May 23, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.