The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by AishaTara
write there were 6 questions all with sub sections lets work out the questions and sub sections- no of marks for each question (total should be 60) when we get answers for them all I post an unofficial markscheme rough one

1. mitosis (1mark)
why is dna required or something (2mark)
homologous pair of chromosomes (3mark)
function and location of squamous and ciliated epithelium
what is a tissue (2)

2. name B, D, F
extracelluar protein or so
active process of moving the extracelluar protein
function of golgi app (2 mark)
2 function in the pic which would not be in prokaroytic cells (2marK)
1 feature of prokaryotic which is not present in eukaroytes(1 mark)

6. sugar transported:sucrose (1mark
tissue which transports them: phloem (1mark
)
how are sugars actively transported into phloem? (3 mark)

That was both one mark and question five was the red blood and plant cell question

Question 4 was the blood/arteries question
Reply 981
does any one have an unofficial amrkcheme for AS OCR f211 14 may?

also can you tell me what you guys said for the question on lung capacity when it decreases from B to C

I literally wrote about diaphragm relaxes external inter coastal muscles relax and volume capacity decrease and the air pressure increases.

hopefully you guys done really well
Reply 982
Original post by Jay Singh
does any one have an unofficial amrkcheme for AS OCR f211 14 may?

also can you tell me what you guys said for the question on lung capacity when it decreases from B to C

I literally wrote about diaphragm relaxes external inter coastal muscles relax and volume capacity decrease and the air pressure increases.

hopefully you guys done really well

Corrrrrrrrrrrrect. Although you could have said about stretched elastic fibres recoil, but you would have already got full marks
Original post by Axion
BTW the three labels were:

Cell surface membrane
vesicle
ribosome

In that order? :s-smilie:

Good luck! hopefully your A2 paper will balance it out though. whats your offer for?

Yeahh hoping so!! it's given me motivation so thats good i suppose :P
Its AAA. EEK!
But i'm on track for a B in Bio. Got a month to get that up!
Reply 985
Original post by ohmyBEAUT
In that order? :s-smilie:

lol nah, but it was pretty obvious which was which :P
write there were 6 questions all with sub sections lets work out the questions and sub sections- no of marks for each question (total should be 60) when we get answers for them all I post an unofficial markscheme rough one

1. mitosis (1mark)
what is a tissue (2)

2. name B, D, F

3. tidal volume (1 mark)

B-C (4 marks) exhalation

60/5= 12

why is not all the air expelled? (2 marks)

4.the one about plant cell in water (5 marks)
what could the student do to see the RBC without it bursting (1mark)

the heart rate -beats per minute

lots on the heart and stuff :tongue: cant remember atm

describe the change in pressure (3marks)

tissue which transports them: phloem (1mark)
Original post by Jodieeee....
Yeahh hoping so!! it's given me motivation so thats good i suppose :P
Its AAA. EEK!
But i'm on track for a B in Bio. Got a month to get that up!

ah best of luck where will you be studying and which course? :smile: good luck! how much harder is A2, I was hoping as its more understanding of processes, it'll be easier but now im doubting that :/
Original post by OwenL
I sat both the one today and the one in Jan and it has to be said this one was a lot harder. I was a lot more prepared this time and still this one was worse. There was a lot more open ended questions in this paper than the last and required you to use your own knowledge and (infer from it) much more than this one. I hope the grade boundaries are nice.

Also I knew that the question was heart rate, but forgot to write it down /idiot

Over all what did people think of it?

I thought it was so much harder! I did Jan 12 as a mock and found it ok, but this was evil! A lot of the questions were application questions, so I think the grade boundaries may be lower? I really hope so! But don't worry, we have F212 next week, and that's worth 50% so if we do well on that, we should be ok :smile: What did you get in Jan, if you don't mind me asking?

Original post by Aa234
i pretty much put the same answer for those 'fluctuations in pressure' questions, i found alot of the questions to be really ambiguous! Lol, i put to put in a solution that had a lower water potential than the cytoplasm of the red blood cell, but i dunno if thats right, that question like many of the others, was weird!

Me too! I literally repeated everything I said for those questions! I said they should add a drop of concentrated solution eg. Glucose...I think it's wrong.
ah best of luck where will you be studying and which course? :smile: good luck! how much harder is A2, I was hoping as its more understanding of processes, it'll be easier but now im doubting that :/

Aisha there was a question on whether our circulatory system is open close double single (1)
Reply 990

1. mitosis (1mark)
what is a tissue (2)

2. name B, D, F

3. tidal volume (1 mark)

B-C (4 marks) exhalation

60/5= 12

why is not all the air expelled? (2 marks)

4.the one about plant cell in water (5 marks)
what could the student do to see the RBC without it bursting (1mark)

the heart rate -beats per minute

lots on the heart and stuff :tongue: cant remember atm

describe the change in pressure (3marks)

tissue which transports them: phloem (1mark)

that was something like why must yeast cells have their nucleus divide during budding. or something

Answer was so the newly formed cells are genetically identical so can carry out the same functions
Reply 991
was the last question 3 or 4 marks??
Original post by niaghez
was the last question 3 or 4 marks??

Think it was 3

Fingers crossed Cardiff for Optometry.
My course is quite rare (Brownie points if youve heard of it) so if you do get a B it doesnt matter as much as say, medicine.
ummm. I'm doing both modules next month so I havent really sat a proper paper as of yet. just a mock I barely revised for and got a B. But, thats because it had loads of science in it.
Photosynthesis and Respiration are such big chapters. but you go over it so much you really understand it. Which is a big different from just knowing it for the exam which is nice.
The jump from GCSE to AS isnt as big to AS to A Level though.
Ok this pc at school is so slow so i cant find the person who wrote the mark scheme thing.
But for the labelling of the organelles I put plasma membrane not cell surface membrane.
This may sound dumb.. but is that the same thing :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 995
Original post by Axion
Corrrrrrrrrrrrect. Although you could have said about stretched elastic fibres recoil, but you would have already got full marks

What was the one about the label on that graph, was it tidal volume or vital capacity? because it had the arrow on the longest part of the stroke so i assumed it was vital capacity?
Ok this pc at school is so slow so i cant find the person who wrote the mark scheme thing.
But for the labelling of the organelles I put plasma membrane not cell surface membrane.

yes it is.
Reply 997

plasma/ cell surface membrane are the same thing :smile:
Original post by Aa234
What was the one about the label on that graph, was it tidal volume or vital capacity? because it had the arrow on the longest part of the stroke so i assumed it was vital capacity?

tidal volume
Fingers crossed Cardiff for Optometry.
My course is quite rare (Brownie points if youve heard of it) so if you do get a B it doesnt matter as much as say, medicine.
ummm. I'm doing both modules next month so I havent really sat a proper paper as of yet. just a mock I barely revised for and got a B. But, thats because it had loads of science in it.
Photosynthesis and Respiration are such big chapters. but you go over it so much you really understand it. Which is a big different from just knowing it for the exam which is nice.
The jump from GCSE to AS isnt as big to AS to A Level though.

woah well done AAA for optometry what are your other subjects? how come youve got brownie points?
best of luck, I'm sure you'll get it though!

Latest

Trending

Trending