The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spiral87
Ladies, if you fancy a guy and you see other girls complimenting his looks and stuff, does it change your feelings towards him? i.e. Does it make him more attractive, or do you lose interest?

Guys, answer the same question, but about girls.

Not really, I've never really experienced anything like that. The type of crushes I get don't seem to be shared by many other people for some reason :o:. And what other people think of them doesn't tend to affect me that much *shrugs*
Reply 8921
Lost Prophets live lounge :colone:

I'm hoping someone here can help me out some. Several years ago I inherited a BSA Single XII 12ga single shot shotgun. It has a 32" barrel measured from the breach, a low profile hammer, the break release is a "trigger" just forward of the trigger guard. It has the following markings: .729 BNP (nitro powder proof), 12 in a box, 2 3/4" (although when I had it in my shop it chambered a 3 1/2" shell, and I know it wasn't made for anything larger than the 2 3/4"), Trade Marks BSA with the BSA 3 stacked rifles logo, Made In England, all on the right side, and Single XII on the left in a banner, on the top of the barrel: The Birmingham Small Arms Co. LTD. England. It's also got a serial number of YB2936 on the locking lug.

I've tried several searches, and checked all of my reference material and cannot find any information on it. Hopefully someone out there knows at least a time frame when it was manufactured. Looking forward to knowing more about this neat little single shot. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Deyesy
Lost Prophets live lounge :colone:

Thanks to moi.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8924
Original post by Vamp1reWeekend
Thanks to moi.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Thanks to you indeed :bigsmile: :hugs:
Original post by Deyesy
Thanks to you indeed :bigsmile: :hugs:

You on study leave?
Reply 8926
Original post by LifeIsGood
You on study leave?

Uh. Enforced gap yearrrr >.< Though next gap year is planned :cute:
Original post by Deyesy

Forgot about that sorry :frown:

You doing another gap year? :s-smilie:
Original post by Deyesy

You realise that by doing another gap year you are hampering you employment opportunities as although employers sometimes look favourably at one gap year, two is not looked upon in the same light and they will think you are lazy/workshy!
Reply 8929
Forgot about that sorry :frown:

You doing another gap year? :s-smilie:

Don't worry about it :tongue: It's technically nearly over anyway :') I hope your revision is going well ^^

Read belowwww :tongue:

Original post by tehFrance
You realise that by doing another gap year you are hampering you employment opportunities as although employers sometimes look favourably at one gap year, two is not looked upon in the same light and they will think you are lazy/workshy!

I won't be doing nothing next year. I'll be looking for employment properly after my exam in a week's time; I'm also hopefully going to be working with Childline, while resitting even more exams so; it'll be worth it :yes:

How can someone think someone is lazy/workshy if they happened to be actually working a job throughout those gap years? Surely it could even be seen as a little more favourable than someone who jumps straight into any old course at uni just to avoid working?
Original post by Deyesy
I won't be doing nothing next year. I'll be looking for employment properly after my exam in a week's time; I'm also hopefully going to be working with Childline, while resitting even more exams so; it'll be worth it :yes:

That is good :smile:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
How can someone think someone is lazy/workshy if they happened to be actually working a job throughout those gap years? Surely it could even be seen as a little more favourable than someone who jumps straight into any old course at uni just to avoid working?

That is true, I just have yet to meet someone who actually worked in their gap year, all the guys and girls I know that took one just spent the majority of the time in the South of France, neighbouring cities in Italy or the Alps as well as Paris... bunch of spoilt brats... oh how I miss them :tongue:
That is good :smile:

That is true, I just have yet to meet someone who actually worked in their gap year, all the guys and girls I know that took one just spent the majority of the time in the South of France, neighbouring cities in Italy or the Alps as well as Paris... bunch of spoilt brats... oh how I miss them :tongue:

Well, I don't see what's wrong with holidaying as well, since everybody needs a break every now and then to stop themselves burning out :p:.

I suppose the flipside of taking a gap year at this current time, is the danger of not being able to get a job at all. Unless you don't mind working for free whilst living off your parents/benefits, which is what I do currently but it kinda sucks and I'd much rather earn money :sad:
Original post by Deyesy
Don't worry about it :tongue: It's technically nearly over anyway :') I hope your revision is going well ^^

Read belowwww :tongue:

Ah ok :smile:
Come to Kent :biggrin:
It's good though that you do it as your own pace instead of jumping into things, I was just a little confused, didn't mean anything by it though :h:
It's good though that you do it as your own pace instead of jumping into things, I was just a little confused, didn't mean anything by it though :h:

I'm from near Kent :biggrin: (Bromley). Whereabouts are you at?
I'm from near Kent :biggrin: (Bromley). Whereabouts are you at?

Kent University hopefully in September, Canterbury :smile:
Kent University hopefully in September, Canterbury :smile:

Cool. I've never been down there before tbh, though I hear Canterbury is nice and I ought to check it out sometime. Good luck on getting into uni :top:
Cool. I've never been down there before tbh, though I hear Canterbury is nice and I ought to check it out sometime. Good luck on getting into uni :top:

Thanks, it's really beautiful down there. My type of area :h:
:eek:

Reply 8939

Kent is a distance from Liverpooool - I can't help but say my city's name in a scouse accent in my head :sad: :getmecoat:

I'd rather be in uni but then I'd rather be at a better university with a 'better' degree, so I don't mind waiting another year if it means going to a university I want to go to instead of going to a university for the sake of being at university - if that makes sense? :tongue: And you caused absolutely no offence, don't worry :smile:

Original post by Mr Smurf
:eek:

I would say 'bull****' because I'm in it with every girl I know? O.o I went to a predominately all girls sixth-form, so it was obviously inevitable; otherwise I'd of been some loner :u:

Latest