The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stray_talk
I've suffered from acne on and off for about 9 years now. I've tried a multitude of different drugs and whilst they've helped in the short term they haven't in the long run.
It's not terrible at the moment but I want to try anything I can to help!

Favourite cheese? :teeth:

I'm assuming you might know this already but do not buy products for healthy skin and stuff that is said to remove scars and spots, it's all false. I tried atleast 6 and not one thing helped me except Accutane and mine wasn't even that bad, it was acne scarring.
Original post by tehFrance
No she is just a friend :colonhash:

:colone:

A cougar aye? :sexface: :colone:

The :colone: face suggests otherwise...
Original post by Spontogical
01:56.. such a dry time.

Only a year.. hold on.. are you 22 this yeah?

Yus 22 :h:
So you weren't permabanned afterall? :tongue:

lol no, what made u come to that conclusion?
mods could never do that to me, they'd miss me too much :sadnod:
Original post by LifeIsGood
I had acne and was on Accutane but I got quite depressed with it (& other things) towards the end and got off my treatment after about 1.5 years but my skin is really clear now :smile:

I don't eat different types of cheeses, I just like cheese with a lot of things.
-Cheese on crackers
-Cheese in burgers
-Cheese in sandwiches
-Cheese in pizza

Yeh, I was put on Roaccutane but it the acne came back after I'd finished the course. Boo.
Original post by hasan4life

i looked at your avatar, then i looked at your name,i then looked at your avatar, then back at your name, i looked again, this process continued for some time, the end result, i was gobsmacked :gasp:

:awesome:
Although, I'm not sure why my name made you gobsmacked? The usertag is probably more apt.
Yeh, I was put on Roaccutane but it the acne came back after I'd finished the course. Boo.

Ah I heard that can happen, how long did you use it for?
Original post by Jaydiee
The :colone: face suggests otherwise...

:teehee:

But back to you... how you doin' :sexface: (me likely older women :mmm:) :lol:

Same happened to me :sad: I was gutted tbh although it is under control now with a little redness but when I have a tan you can't see it :h:

I do think I need that chemical peel thing though as it isn't going away :sad:
Original post by hasan4life
lol no, what made u come to that conclusion?
mods could never do that to me, they'd miss me too much :sadnod:

Cause your fake account got banned. :tongue:
Original post by LifeIsGood
Ah I heard that can happen, how long did you use it for?

I can't remember remember how long it was for 18 weeks, I think? Yeh, I was told that for 1/10 people the acne will come back. I guess I was the one in ten!

Same happened to me :sad: I was gutted tbh although it is under control now with a little redness but when I have a tan you can't see it :h:

I do think I need that chemical peel thing though as it isn't going away :sad:

Yeh, mine's not too bad currently. Touch wood it says like it is now!
Hmm.. I've never used Roaccutane before. Isn't that some heavy-duty stuff?
Yeh, mine's not too bad currently. Touch wood it says like it is now!

Hopefully those bastards stay away :h:

Yes, it really dries your skin out although when you come off it, you start to have sweat problems (at least I did/do) :sad:

Yes, it really dries your skin out although when you come off it, you start to have sweat problems (at least I did/do) :sad:

Hmph.. won't be going on that tbh.. i'll have to just try limiting the factors that affect my skin.. and it should remain like this.

Hmph.. won't be going on that tbh.. i'll have to just try limiting the factors that affect my skin.. and it should remain like this.

:colonhash: rub it in :sad:

Yah. Can cause severe depression and liver damage.
I was also told that should a woman who is pregnant take it, there's a 90% chance her baby would be deformed. :lolwut:

That's your face? :eek:
I was also told that should a woman who is pregnant take it, there's a 90% chance her baby would be deformed. :lolwut:

It also applies to the male sperm, if you get a woman pregnant while on Roaccuntane there is an incredibly high chance (more than 90%) the baby will be deformed.
Original post by RDavies93
That's your face? :eek:

No, it's yours after I sat on it. :love:

Yah. Can cause severe depression and liver damage.

Jesus H. Christ. :eek3:
No, it's yours after I sat on it. :love:

Jesus H. Christ. :eek3:

Sooo, they say use every form of contraception going and then made me have a pregnancy test every time I went for a check up. :tongue:
It also applies to the male sperm, if you get a woman pregnant while on Roaccuntane there is an incredibly high chance (more than 90%) the baby will be deformed.

That is seriosuly ****ed up.

Latest