The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies BUSS1 - 14th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

I found the graphs the easiest, just go from the fixed costs line of 15,000 up to the total variable costs worked out from the budgets. However, the problems of Zoe and expend. budget was hard, but im looking for 17/20 on that case and hopefully around 32/40 to get 49/60, 82% whcich on BUSS1 scores around 72+ UMS out of the 80
Original post by TB.93
This exam was ok apart from the break-even chart. Lost 6 marks on it definitely! How did you all find it?

I'm not too sure, answered it but have doubts.
My new costs line was about 3 squares above the original line, 'a' moved to the right, as the profits were squeezed, and bc was smaller (between my new line and the TR line. I think :P
Reply 182
Could anyone post up a unofficial mark scheme? It would be a real help!
Reply 183
i mutliplied the demand of parties with the income of party of bags for that year
Reply 184
Original post by laurentommo
I got that :smile:

i got 121,500 i times the demand with income of party bags is that correct??
I hadnt even revised the break even chart so i left it out..

also.... for the evaluation questions i only did one sided arguments.. :/ will this lose me alot of marks does anyone know?
Reply 186
Did anyone agree with Zoe on the last two questions? I did and now I'm thinking I shouldn't have :s-smilie: :frown:
Reply 187
Original post by hatestudying
yeah missed out the 6 mark break even chart completely.. and the expenditure budget 6 mark one.. NEEDED MORE TIME!

I messed up so much on the break-even chart wasted like 15minutes on trying to figure it out. On the expenditure Q, I just did a PEE on the car and the party bags. Also I only manage to do 2 paragraphs and a definition on the last Q. :s-smilie:
Actually, I think I got £18250, but in the last question I wrote something like "Even though all the external influences had a negative effect on the company, and the increase in prices from suppliers, Zoe will still make a profit of X!"

I put the profit in from question 1 LOL (Unless I got that wrong too). Other than that, I found it quite good! :smile:
Original post by Baz123
Did anyone agree with Zoe on the last two questions? I did and now I'm thinking I shouldn't have :s-smilie: :frown:

I did :smile: I said that it wasn't her fault that they went on strike and wasn't her fault that the other suppliers quality wasn't great as the reviews were good. Also wasn't her fault that her car broke down but to balance it out a bit I said she could have arranged other means of transport so to not disappoint her customers
Reply 190
Original post by Baz123
I think I messed up on the 15 markers, don't think I evaluated properly and I think I babbled on a bit. :frown:

Damn, I had to rush myself on the last question (Running out of time!!!)
Original post by Baz123

You won't lose marks for agreeing with her :smile: As long as you gave reasons why you did. Personally I disagreed but did mention that to a degree I agreed.

Like, with market research, she only asked current customers who are likely to be biased...so she should've expanded the research. And she didn't take into account that the professionals she asked could have exaggerated the increase in competition and drastic fall in demand because they don't want her to start running a business...'cause then it'd be more competition for them.

I did say that if her customers and professionals were honest, that her market research was good.

For the last one it was pretty much saying "That really sucked that it happened and it's not totally her fault....but if she planned decisions better it wouldn't have happened."
didnt even realsie it was a question till like 5 before the end :smile:
screew alevels, they suck :smile: exams going rubbish so far!

:angry:
Reply 193
What did everyone put for why she should use personal finance instead of a bank loan i couldnt really think of much to write :frown:
Reply 194
Did anyone else find the breakeven question hard?
Reply 195
Original post by college122
I did :smile: I said that it wasn't her fault that they went on strike and wasn't her fault that the other suppliers quality wasn't great as the reviews were good. Also wasn't her fault that her car broke down but to balance it out a bit I said she could have arranged other means of transport so to not disappoint her customers

I said that they were out of her control since she wasn't able to predict that such an event would happen but she could have tried to take some precautions. I also said that a weak economy was out of her control and she wasn't responsible for consumer incomes although she was warned about this by business advisor's. still don't think I've done well enough for an A :frown:
Original post by jk122
What did everyone put for why she should use personal finance instead of a bank loan i couldnt really think of much to write :frown:

I put that she may not be able to afford the repayments because the professionals she asked said that customers at first will be poor, and there will be increased competition. So she'd have poor and possibly negative cash flow initially and then may lose sales to rivals later on, so both could cause her to default on her loan payments.

My other reason was that they would only give her one year instead of two... which meant loan repayments would be much higher and could have a huge impact on her profits.
Did anyone else run out of time!?
and from what i see, i done the first few questions right, along with the breakeven chart, :smile:
but what did you lot right for the Expenditure Budget question?????????

:s-smilie:
Original post by revising95
I hadnt even revised the break even chart so i left it out..

also.... for the evaluation questions i only did one sided arguments.. :/ will this lose me alot of marks does anyone know?

Unfortunatly, Yes probably, because half the marks are awarded for a two sided argument and a strong evaluation.
Original post by TB.93
This exam was ok apart from the break-even chart. Lost 6 marks on it definitely! How did you all find it?

I found the Breakeven the Easiest! it took me a while to figure out, but i think i got full marks for it! but i ran out of time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending