The Student Room Group

Psychology Psya1/Psya2 revision

So guys, this exam is approaching... How far are you into revision? I'd also like to ask do you need to know the name of the people who conducted studies or can you still get a high mark without naming them, same goes for dates? :smile:
Reply 1
Dates are not needed, however, I'm not quite about the names.
Reply 2
yea I asked the same question over on another thread about this. glad I'm not the only one thinking the same. maybe we're perfectionists. lol.
Reply 3
Original post by cdoyle
yea I asked the same question over on another thread about this. glad I'm not the only one thinking the same. maybe we're perfectionists. lol.

lol maybe! :P I've seen people on some threads say like you can get away with putting 'A researcher did a study into this' etc, however i wasn't too convinced and asked my teacher and she said need the names... still on the fence here haha! how's your revision going?
Reply 4
Original post by Williams95
lol maybe! :P I've seen people on some threads say like you can get away with putting 'A researcher did a study into this' etc, however i wasn't too convinced and asked my teacher and she said need the names... still on the fence here haha! how's your revision going?

Took me all of Easter to do memory. Now on stress.
Reply 5
You need names and a date, doesn't have to be the correct date, just an appropriate one...

remember a few studies with dates, the rest - just guess aha!
Reply 6
no you dont need names and dates!! thats a load of nonsense.

As long as the study is identifiable its fine; you can say "research suggests" or "one study where xyz happened".

Your going to waste a hell of a lot of time worrying about dates. Try remember names if you can otherwise as long as examiners know what study your referring to its fine.

Iv done papers 1 and 2 last may and last june; 83ums for paper 1 and 90ums for paper 2 and I got 100ums for paper 3 and I didnt remember any dates.

Currently revising for paper 4 - again no dates remembered.

But if you want to remember them...its up to you..
Reply 7
Original post by Mephestic
no you dont need names and dates!! thats a load of nonsense.

As long as the study is identifiable its fine; you can say "research suggests" or "one study where xyz happened".

Your going to waste a hell of a lot of time worrying about dates. Try remember names if you can otherwise as long as examiners know what study your referring to its fine.

Iv done papers 1 and 2 last may and last june; 83ums for paper 1 and 90ums for paper 2 and I got 100ums for paper 3 and I didnt remember any dates.

Currently revising for paper 4 - again no dates remembered.

But if you want to remember them...its up to you..

right, no dates. just hoping I get all of the topics revised as I dont make revision timetables. half way through stress now.
Reply 8
grrr have wrote and learned 10 pages of notes on memory and just realised I have left out memory improvement strategies. best to leave it to the end now and learn it after because there might be something else I might have missed out.
Reply 9
www.pragmatism.co.uk is a useful site for psya1.
click this link for AQA AS Psychology Revision: http://www.psychteacher.co.uk/
this site is written by teachers and contains everything needed for both Unit 1 and Unit 2 exams.
Good luck guys.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending