The Student Room Group

psychology exam - 2nd year

hey, just wondering if people have any revision advice for a psychology exam based on brain and behaviour? thanks
Hiya 🙂

I definitely understand your question. Understanding the human brain, or so-called biological psychology, can be challenging and time-consuming. Here are some effective tips I used when preparing for this kind of psychology exam.

Start by organising your study materials by creating a list of topics and the most important concepts. While you do so, identify gaps in your knowledge and prioritise these areas as they require more attention.

Engage in active learning to make remembering easier. Create flashcards with key terms and always answer out loud. Quiz yourself with online questions (you can find a spectrum of quizzes on Quizlet). Create your own exam questions when revising, and write your answers down upon the completion of revision.

Take advantage of online resources, such as educational YouTube videos. These can be extremely helpful in reinforcing your understanding of complex topics related to the brain and behaviour.

On a final note, and this is applicable to any exam, make sure you give yourself enough time for the revision and a clear plan so that you do not stress about not being prepared accurately.

I hope it was helpful 😉 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 🙂 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Take care,
Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending