The Student Room Group

A2 OCR PE G453 - 20th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by amcc12
For Psychology - a critical evaluation of goal types could be a possible 20 marker?

Anyone got any historical predictions?

on a question on goal types can you possibly explain how that would be phrased?? and what to include? is it like smarter, long term short term etc..??

thanks in advance to anyone who answers this :smile:
Reply 41
any predictions for comparative studies???

ESPECIALLY on the smaller mark questions or a possible 20 marker :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Emy25
any predictions for comparative studies???

ESPECIALLY on the smaller mark questions or a possible 20 marker :smile:

Possible 20 marker - Discuss the dominant values that affect participation in sport in Australia and compare this to the UK. Or Discuss the growth of Aussie Rules in Australia and compare it to the growth of Association Football.

For your other question on goal types yes that includes those goal and product goals/ performance goals etc. I think this question could be linked with confidence because the 4 C's haven't been asked in a big question.
Reply 43
Original post by Skkc16
Possible 20 marker - Discuss the dominant values that affect participation in sport in Australia and compare this to the UK. Or Discuss the growth of Aussie Rules in Australia and compare it to the growth of Association Football.

For your other question on goal types yes that includes those goal and product goals/ performance goals etc. I think this question could be linked with confidence because the 4 C's haven't been asked in a big question.

Discuss the dominant values that affect participation in sport in Australia and compare this to the UK <--- this question came up but instead questioned on the uk and usa in the feb 10 paper :smile: and so did the other one both as a 5 mark question

what other topics do you reckon will come up for comparative or the ones you have/ are studying for?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Emy25

Discuss the dominant values that affect participation in sport in Australia and compare this to the UK <--- this question came up but instead questioned on the uk and usa in the feb 10 paper :smile: and so did the other one both as a 5 mark question

what other topics do you reckon will come up for comparative or the ones you have/ are studying for?

I've been looking at the Victoria State Case Study coz I think they may be a question to do with the strategies such as SEPEP, PASE etc. I also think Title IX is a possibility like it's impact and the negatives of introducing it at the time

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
We have covered physiology, psychology and comparative studies. Did the January exam and got a D. Looking back at it it was a bit of a dream paper, meaning this one will probably be difficult. Devastating

Reply 46
Original post by MikaelMckenzie
We have covered physiology, psychology and comparative studies. Did the January exam and got a D. Looking back at it it was a bit of a dream paper, meaning this one will probably be difficult. Devastating

the one is Jan seemed nice, i do the same topics as you. do you have any predictions for comparative, exercise.p or psychology?
Not even started revising yet, planning on doing tomorrow though (Saturday) what about you? Think my teacher said it would be cricket or athletics as the case study though

Reply 48
Is there anything that anyone needs explaining in Physiology, Psychology or Historical? It's just I know it helps some people if they get different explanations on topic they're unsure on :smile:
Does anyone have any good condensed revison notes?
Im having problems with the amount of content there is to learn :frown:
So underprepared for this exam because biology has taken over my life! I desperately need an A do have to concentrate most on the 20 markers, does anyone know what the possible 20 markers may be for history, psychology and physiology? X

Reply 51
Has anyone managed to get the jan 2012 paper/mark scheme? or know what the historical questions were?
Reply 52
Anyone have any condensed notes?? Especially on psychology!!! Biology is getting all my attention and I need an A in this'n also anyone got 2012jan paper??

Reply 53
Original post by ohhaiikim
Has anyone managed to get the jan 2012 paper/mark scheme? or know what the historical questions were?

1) describe stage one and give one reason for the transition into stage 2

2) explain influence of both the "university melting pot" and "Oxbridge Graduates" on the development of rational recreation from 1850 to 1900

3)Lawn tennis as a vehicle os success for women in 19th century + give one way tennis in the Uk attempts to be an inclusive game

4)explain why the 1933 syllabus was replaced by 1950 approach + critically evaluate Pe in schools today is better than 1950's approach

Hope this helps

Seeing them questions i reckon were getting a case study for 20 marker, either cricket, athletics or football

anyone got any predictions?
Reply 54
Here's the link to 2012 paper, but sadly still no markscheme! :frown:

http://warlinghamschoolpe.weebly.com/uploads/6/1/4/5/6145592/g453_2012_january_past_paper.pdf
Reply 55
Original post by amcc12
1) describe stage one and give one reason for the transition into stage 2

2) explain influence of both the "university melting pot" and "Oxbridge Graduates" on the development of rational recreation from 1850 to 1900

3)Lawn tennis as a vehicle os success for women in 19th century + give one way tennis in the Uk attempts to be an inclusive game

4)explain why the 1933 syllabus was replaced by 1950 approach + critically evaluate Pe in schools today is better than 1950's approach

Hope this helps

Seeing them questions i reckon were getting a case study for 20 marker, either cricket, athletics or football

anyone got any predictions?

Thanks! Yeah, it seems like cricket/athletics hasn't come up much... so there is a fair chance it could be...
So underprepared thanks to other exams! :frown:
Reply 58
Original post by ohhaiikim
Thanks! Yeah, it seems like cricket/athletics hasn't come up much... so there is a fair chance it could be...

Think cricket or tennis are likely to be a 20 marker, athletics and football have already been asked as 20 markers
Reply 59
[QUOTE="WB12;38188546"]Think cricket or tennis are likely to be a 20 marker, athletics and football have already been asked as 20 markers[/QUOTE.
Yeai think crickets coming up too though I think tennis is to small to ask for full 20 marks.

Can anyone predict psychology or physiology 20 markers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending