The Student Room Group

Half of Britons 'want to relocate abroad'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ras90
I say that as Latin America (to me), is Mexico and the band of countries in the north of South America - Columbia - Venez etc.

Whilst Brazil, Argentina and Chile are not latin countries.

I am going to live in China full time (all going well, May 30 shall be the last time I ever set eyes on the UK (unless i return for some sort of business trip).

Surely they are? Any nation in the Americas where Spanish/Portuguese is the majority language/official language would be Latin American.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America
Reply 61
I know that I would like to move abroad after uni or when I'm older. As the son of immigrant parents, with the amount of racist epiphets I've had to receive since I was a kid and ****ty media bias, prejudice and portrayal, and with it seemingly getting worse, I'd know I'd be doing not only myself a favour but I'm sure all the anti-immigrant Daily Mail nationalists would be happy as well :smile:.
Reply 62
Original post by Snagprophet
Herrow, enjor rack of erres in the diarect.

:giggle:

What?
Original post by ras90
What?

I have considered the possibilty of emigrating. Norway, Sweden or Canada are high on my list of choices. But to be honest i actually do like living in the UK, so i will most likely stay put for now. I would at least like to get out of Essex though. This county is becoming a little too crowded and urbanised for my liking (though i live in a rural area, i fear it wont remain so for much longer). The West Country has great appeal to me. Reasonable climate, laid back lifestyle, sparsely populated, lots of open country and awesome beaches.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
I want to go abroad, simply because I've lived here all my life and after uni I fancy a change of scenery.

I'm the same. In September 2013, as part of my uni course, I will be moving to either France/Belgium/Switzerland or Canada for the year. I'm really looking forward to living in another country. When I graduate, at the moment my heart is set on moving to either Paris or the south of France to teach English for a few years, then move to another country :smile: I love England & Wales though :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by Snagprophet

什么?
Reply 67
ive always wanted to move abroad, not for any dislike of the UK, dont get me wrong i love my country, but id like to see the world and experience it.

plus the weather here is ****..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Canada please. I'm fed up of being surrounded by people who's sole idea of fun is to stand intoxicated in a dark room, surrounded by strangers, listening to terrible music and pretending they can dance.

Why? What do people do so different in Canada?
Original post by Greenlaner
I have considered the possibilty of emigrating. Norway, Sweden or Canada are high on my list of choices. But to be honest i actually do like living in the UK, so i will most likely stay put for now. I would at least like to get out of Essex though. This county is becoming a little too crowded and urbanised for my liking (though i live in a rural area, i fear it wont remain so for much longer). The West Country has great appeal to me. Reasonable climate, laid back lifestyle, sparsely populated, lots of open country and awesome beaches.

I've lived in Sweden, honestly there is nothing worth moving for in my opinion.
Original post by ras90
China - Just 2 months to go!

**** of Britain :biggrin:

China? What the ****?
Reply 71
USA - New york to be exact!
Reply 72
Original post by Cyanohydrin
China? What the ****?

It is a country in Asia.
Reply 73
Original post by cl_steele
ive always wanted to move abroad, not for any dislike of the UK, dont get me wrong i love my country, but id like to see the world and experience it.

plus the weather here is ****..

Well, probably soon you will see Russian summer. Sometimes at summer there are rather hot and swamp fires start. The smoke flies above the Russian capital.

And tornado is also possible. This one had started in the field near the place where I live. But it went to another town...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF-pXtQvG44
The people citing the cost of living as a reason to leave Britain are going to have a nasty surprise when they get to Australia.
While Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States are fine places to visit on holiday, I'd be very hesitant about moving there permanently. For a start, they're all rather barren of culture.
Reply 76
Original post by Ann Widdecombe
While Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States are fine places to visit on holiday, I'd be very hesitant about moving there permanently. For a start, they're all rather barren of culture.

may i ask what makes you say that? from my experience they are all very rich in their respective cultures ... just because theyre not abundant in similarities with european cultures doesnt make them cultureless philistines..
Reply 77
Original post by Paul PTS
Well, probably soon you will see Russian summer. Sometimes at summer there are rather hot and swamp fires start. The smoke flies above the Russian capital.

And tornado is also possible. This one had started in the field near the place where I live. But it went to another town...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF-pXtQvG44

aye, im rather excited for Russia, not so much the tornados though :rolleyes:
Original post by No Man
I've had the luck of living abroad. The area of the USA I lived in isn't that much better than here, but France was a lot better (even though I was very young when I lived there).

It is, as long as you're not Muslim or Jewish :wink:

EDIT: I refer to France
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Ann Widdecombe

New Zealand and certain states of the USA have a decent amount of culture.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending