The Student Room Group

Snooker

Scroll to see replies

Yaass well done Bingham. Love an underdog!
Very nice play there. Great finish by Bingham.

A century would have been perfect though, or the clearance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well played Stuart Bingham! :biggrin: he deserved it! Played superbly throughout the tournament and had the toughest route to the final.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bingham is the new world champion!! :king1: he did it!! congratulations! that is deserved. He has defeated the bests of the best.
Original post by Kallisto
Bingham is the new world champion!! :king1: he did it!! congratulations! that is deserved. He has defeated the bests of the best.

Yea, having to beat Trump and Sullivan on route didn't make it easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Yea, having to beat Trump and Sullivan on route didn't make it easy.

Don't forget to mention that he has played as a champion from the start to the end of the tournament. Great potting play, strong tactical safeties, great snookers. And in the final he has shown everything what he can and above.
Bravo Bingham! He's played in so many tournaments this year and an excellent way to round it off. Always dug in, even when he was behind in games and fully deserves the big crown.
Original post by Aky786UK
Bravo Bingham! He's played in so many tournaments this year and an excellent way to round it off. Always dug in, even when he was behind in games and fully deserves the big crown.

Right, I would say that no one has it more deserved than Bingham to get the crown in this year. A worthy champion.
Right, I would say that no one has it more deserved than Bingham to get the crown in this year. A worthy champion.

Yeah! And Muphys a dick.
Original post by green.tea
Yeah! And Muphys a dick.

But I guess he would have won the final, if he would have potted the yellow ball in the 31st frame. He would be 16-15 ahead and never stopped by Bingham.

Say it was his destiny to miss this ball to have a worthy champion by the name of Bingham. :biggrin:
But I guess he would have won the final, if he would have potted the yellow ball in the 31st frame. He would be 16-15 ahead and never stopped by Bingham.

Say it was his destiny to miss this ball to have a worthy champion by the name of Bingham. :biggrin:

I missed most of the last days play due to deadlines and stuff but from what I saw on the first days sessions it seemed as tho Murphy thougth he was gonna steamroller Bingham. He came out all guns blazing and as soon as Bingham fought back he seemed like he wasn't emotionally prepared and lost it.
The 31st frame was definitely the decider imo. Losing a frame after an hours graft would throw anyone off.
Original post by Zander01
The 31st frame was definitely the decider imo. Losing a frame after an hours graft would throw anyone off.

So do you think the same that if Murphy would has won this frame, he would has won the match to become the champion too? agree. I would say that the missed yellow ball and Bingham's fantastic snooker - Murphy failed eight times! - finished Murphy off.
I love watching snooker but I've only played it once or twice in my life.

Did anyone else find themselves not liking Bingham and not wanting him to win? I don't really know why, it's not like I know him or anything. He didn't do anything particularly unlikeable. Maybe I just didn't like seeing players I know and love being beaten by him. He played well but I kept watching the screen wishing he'd go away.
Original post by Chodaboy
I love watching snooker but I've only played it once or twice in my life.

Did anyone else find themselves not liking Bingham and not wanting him to win? I don't really know why, it's not like I know him or anything. He didn't do anything particularly unlikeable. Maybe I just didn't like seeing players I know and love being beaten by him. He played well but I kept watching the screen wishing he'd go away.

Quite the opposite for me to be honest. Always love the underdog anyway but he came across as very likeable to me :smile:
Anyone been watching the Masters? Ronnie has smashed it completely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
Anyone been watching the Masters? Ronnie has smashed it completely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watching him run all over Hawkins atm, may as well announce him as the winner of the Masters this year :biggrin:
A guy who has barely played since last April winning the Masters so easily. Poor indictment on the current 'top' players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WoodyMKC
Watching him run all over Hawkins atm, may as well announce him as the winner of the Masters this year :biggrin:

For sure. One frame left!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aky786UK
A guy who has barely played since last April winning the Masters so easily. Poor indictment on the current 'top' players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure that's particularly fair. Robertson, Trump, among others produced some great matches this tournament and recently, and more than anything we know how naturally unbelievably talented Ronnie, break or not.

Quick Reply

Latest