The Student Room Group

Fat friend breaks your furniture: What do you do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Depends how close you are to them. It's happened to me in both situations. With the person I wasn't close to, she offered to pay to repair it (it was a toilet seat) which I accepted and thanked her for. For my close friend, I called her a fat hoe, and if she can spend money on chocolate she can buy me a new chair. she then proceeded to cough up the money and call me a skanky dwarf. All is good.
Reply 101
Original post by Fail Whale
a) Demand that they replace said item of furniture. Friend is mortified and you're embarrassed for them, but at the end of the day you really liked that chair and they broke it.
b) Casually mention that your favourite chair is broken and you wonder how it happened. This gives them the opportunity to turn themselves in and is less embarrassing than the first option, but there is the significant risk that they may not fess up.
c) Buy a new chair yourself and never mention the incident to Fat Friend at all. Friendship remains superficially intact but you'll always feel slightly bitter about the chair incident.
d) Buy a new chair and never invite Fat Friend to your house again.
e) Other

C probably, even though it is a bit unfair on you.
It depends on how much you like the chair, how expensive it was/if you can easily afford to replace it and how good a friend they are.

Plus A seems like you were there and know it was them, B onwards seems like you think it was them.
Reply 103
happened to me once, except my fat friend dented my other friend's (who I was staying with) metal suitcase after sitting on it...

Quick Reply

Latest