The Student Room Group

My brother accidentally stepped on my 2 month old kitten and i dont know what to do.

I got my 2 month also kitten day before yesterday and today she was lying on the floor, and since she has a very similar coat to the carpet, my brother didnt see her and stepped on her, on her ribcage area. She squealed and ran under the cupboard. We got her out and when we touch her anywhere but she isnt flinching. But shes definitely not acting normal. To make things worse its night time so i cant tell if shes lethargic or just sleepy. Also i feel like her rib cage has gone in but i could be wrong. I feel so guilty. I dont know what to do. Im trying to keep it together but its so hard to see her like this. I dont know where her pain is 😭
Reply 1
Take the kitten to the vet immediately
Reply 2
Do you have a local vet close? Is the kitten breathing properly?
Reply 3
The vet was breathing hard for a while but seems to be breathinf fine now. The vets near my place are closed
Reply 4
Okay umm I’ve not experienced this before but keep a close eye on the kitten and have regulars check up on the kitten. Just to make sure take the kitten to the vet as early as possible tmw and see what the vet has to say! Please be careful kittens are very fragile and get scared very easily
Reply 5
perhaps he didnt step on her with all his weight? i hope shes fine but i would recommend going to the vet as soon as u can. my aunts three month old kitten snuck out and fell from floor 2 onto a bin and he was a bit shaken up but all good physicallly. kittens tend to be resilient but never hurts to go to the vet for a check up. perhaps u can place a collar on your cat so people can see her? i have a black cat and all our furniture is dark so a lot of people have accidentally sat on him when he was younger, then we got a collar with a bell and its easier to distinguish him from furniture. best of luck
Reply 6
and whilst ur at it try give the kitten lots of gentle stroking and soft speaking, try keep her in the same room as u when u go to sleep so u can tell if she is struggling to breathe or something- u can hear it and calll for help
There will very likely be an emergency vets number for your area you can telephone. When my dog was very ill in the middle of the night last year, I called my local emergency vets, and asked for advice - they were able to help and inform me sufficiently over the phone so that I didn't need to take any further action (like going in to the out-of-hours emergency vets).

Google something like "emergency vets number", and see what pops up for your area :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Do you have a PDSA near you?
That could be very bad depending on how old your brother is and how much force went behind the step. Like others are saying, you should probably go to the vets. I did the same thing whilst playing tag, but luckily my cat was faster than me and left a large claw up my calf.
Reply 10
Attachment not found
She’s up now, she’s climbing stuff and playing with her sister and she’s jumping around. She looks like she’s fine but we’ve called a family friend who’s a vet to check her out. Hopefully it’s nothing serious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending