The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Air fryer

Please are you be able to let me know if my son that will go the next year can buy a air fryer and use it on the student accommodation.
I don't think you can to be honest because of the fire safety regulations in student accommodation. It says in the residential handbook that you're not allowed deep fat fryers so presuming that encompasses air fryer's as well.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Hi! I'm Mostafa - a current student and ambassador for Aberystwyth University. I actually had the same question as you before joining.

For fire safety reasons, you wouldn't be able to use the Air Fryer in your bedroom. However, you're more than welcome to store it in the Kitchen and use it there or keep it stored in your bedroom and move it to the Kitchen whenever you'd like to use it.

Hope that answers your question. :smile:
Original post by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Hi! I'm Mostafa - a current student and ambassador for Aberystwyth University. I actually had the same question as you before joining.

For fire safety reasons, you wouldn't be able to use the Air Fryer in your bedroom. However, you're more than welcome to store it in the Kitchen and use it there or keep it stored in your bedroom and move it to the Kitchen whenever you'd like to use it.

Hope that answers your question. :smile:

what about a mini fridge in my room? would that be allowed?
Original post by _Orangutan_
what about a mini fridge in my room? would that be allowed?

Thanks for replying back.

If you require a fridge for medical reasons, please notify the Accommodation Office - [email protected] and the Accessibility Advisor at Student Support Services - [email protected] / 01970 621761. The Residences Management Team will provide you with this equipment should your request be approved.

Or if you want to bring your own mini fridge you are allowed to bring additional furniture (including fridge/freezers) into your accommodation provided it complies fully with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations and that you complete an additional items form, available from the Accommodation Office.

Mostafa :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Thanks for replying back.

If you require a fridge for medical reasons, please notify the Accommodation Office - [email protected] and the Accessibility Advisor at Student Support Services - [email protected] / 01970 621761. The Residences Management Team will provide you with this equipment should your request be approved.

Or if you want to bring your own mini fridge you are allowed to bring additional furniture (including fridge/freezers) into your accommodation provided it complies fully with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations and that you complete an additional items form, available from the Accommodation Office.

Mostafa :smile:

Your response is much appreciated, I intend to bring my own mini fridge to place in my room, from what I've seen I believe I don't need to have it PAT tested if it was bought less than 6 months ago. Would the additional items form be possible to fill in online before I arrived at my accommodation or would I need to sign a physical form when I arrive during welcome week?
Original post by _Orangutan_
Your response is much appreciated, I intend to bring my own mini fridge to place in my room, from what I've seen I believe I don't need to have it PAT tested if it was bought less than 6 months ago. Would the additional items form be possible to fill in online before I arrived at my accommodation or would I need to sign a physical form when I arrive during welcome week?

Hi there - please reach out to the Accommodation Office ([email protected]) who will be able to assist you further with this.

Quick Reply

Latest