The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Geography Unit 3 Pre-Release: Water Conflicts

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sadsnail
How many topics are people doing for section A ?

Only two.. worried it isn't enough :| you?
Reply 21
Original post by saltypopcorn
Only two.. worried it isn't enough :| you?

Same :smile: purely because I don't have time to do 3!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 22
I think 2 is better than 3 or 4 because you could spend 10 minutes deciding which questions are easiest to do

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 23
How many topics are people doing for section A ?

Two, our class was only taught two in the first place, so we don't have much choice! I am doing biodiversity and superpower geographies. What about you?
Reply 24
Original post by Charlesworth
Two, our class was only taught two in the first place, so we don't have much choice! I am doing biodiversity and superpower geographies. What about you?

Bridging and energy :smile: I did two in january but totally messed up my timing so annoying to re do it
Huh? You are only supposed to do two. Why would you voluntarily do any more ?

Anyway i think i've failed this exam. The panic has set in now. What questions do people think are going to come up?
Still get like four days until judgement :ashamed2:
Bridging and energy :smile: I did two in january but totally messed up my timing so annoying to re do it

Hey you did it in Jan, do you think you could say how it was :smile:
I also had to retake a geography exam last year but trust me its so much more easier second time round. What was wrong with this exam???
I have not sat the whole thing yet, and probably will not by the time on wednesday so any advice would be much appreciated.
Reply 27
Original post by Forget that
Hey you did it in Jan, do you think you could say how it was :smile:
I also had to retake a geography exam last year but trust me its so much more easier second time round. What was wrong with this exam???
I have not sat the whole thing yet, and probably will not by the time on wednesday so any advice would be much appreciated.

I just messed up my timing really badly that was all. It's just very longggg, gahhh
I just messed up my timing really badly that was all. It's just very longggg, gahhh

yeah it is definitely, the longest paper i've ever sat but don't you get MORE time answering the questions, like they're not mark a minute like last year.
Would you have enough time to actually write out plans or that just a big no no?
Huh? You are only supposed to do two. Why would you voluntarily do any more ?

Anyway i think i've failed this exam. The panic has set in now. What questions do people think are going to come up?
Still get like four days until judgement :ashamed2:

They mean how many are you learning, in case the question for your topic is horrible :tongue:.

I'm doing 3, just in case. But i'm really scared - i'm not convinced i'm doing any of them well enough.
Original post by theandyguthrie
They mean how many are you learning, in case the question for your topic is horrible :tongue:.

I'm doing 3, just in case. But i'm really scared - i'm not convinced i'm doing any of them well enough.

What three are you doing?? I'm doing Energy, Superpowers, and biodiversity, but im really not not confidant in any of them.
My favourite was water, but looked what happened to that :rolleyes:
What three are you doing?? I'm doing Energy, Superpowers, and biodiversity, but im really not not confidant in any of them.
My favourite was water, but looked what happened to that :rolleyes:

I'm doing energy, superpowers and development :smile:

Scared as hell..
Original post by iamkeeley
The layout of the pre-release makes me think the following questions will come up:

1. Factors affecting water distrubution/inequality
2. Threats to water supply
3. Future management/sources of water supply

I am re-sitting after doing quite badly in The Technological Fix Pre-Release back in January. This one seems much more straight forward! :smile:

Oooh.... Was such bad luck having the Technological fix in January! We as a class dropped that topic as soon as we learnt it was being the compulsory one in January :P

Yeah we think it'll be those questions too, but possible they might just ask what is the water distribution in this area rather than going on to what affects it. (And that will be the 10 mark question) then we were thinking that the management one would be the largest question at 16 marks and the threats at 14 marks.

So what topics you learning for section A? I'm only only two - Energy and Superpowers but learning a bit of the Developing Gap just in case! :P
Reply 33
Original post by APersonCalledClara
Oooh.... Was such bad luck having the Technological fix in January! We as a class dropped that topic as soon as we learnt it was being the compulsory one in January :P

Yeah we think it'll be those questions too, but possible they might just ask what is the water distribution in this area rather than going on to what affects it. (And that will be the 10 mark question) then we were thinking that the management one would be the largest question at 16 marks and the threats at 14 marks.

So what topics you learning for section A? I'm only only two - Energy and Superpowers but learning a bit of the Developing Gap just in case! :P

I'm doing Energy and Development gap too! :smile: We did biodiversity but I really couldn't get my head around it
Original post by iamkeeley
I'm doing Energy and Development gap too! :smile: We did biodiversity but I really couldn't get my head around it

Haha biodiversity was the last tpoic we did before we started revising and since it's so unrelated to the other topics (well, not as well linked like the others) we all dropped it! :P
Reply 35
How would you approach a question on the physical factors that influence water supply/security?

Obviously the monsoon is one, but climate change and aquifer depletion are very much linked to human actions therefore are not entirely relevant.
Does anyone have any useful wesites or notes on the water threats, distribution and managment?
Reply 37
Do we have to use our own case studies in the prelease or is it just those mentioned? im so stuck :/ how many case studies have people learnt for each area? Any other tips ? thank you :smile: xx
Reply 38
Original post by one337
How would you approach a question on the physical factors that influence water supply/security?

Obviously the monsoon is one, but climate change and aquifer depletion are very much linked to human actions therefore are not entirely relevant.

you could mention glacial melt on the Himalayas and how the mountainous regions have a large forest cover meaning they intercept rainfall
Reply 39
I don't feel ready for this exam.....again! :s-smilie: anybody know how to structure an essay on future management?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending