The Student Room Group

I'm 18 and will be starting A levels this year, But I'm worried that's too old?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cameron10
Is 18 a bit too old to start A levels? I'm worried because I'll be sitting in a class full of 16 year olds, feeling a bit out of place and everything. How many people 18+ would you say our in your normal class? Can anyone comfort me on this choice? By 2012 when I leave all my freinds would of completed two years of uni, and I would hopefully of just started! I need to stop worrying about this...

PLEASE, get your grammar right, most exams with anything written in will have marks for QWC (Quality of Written Communication,) you dont want to drop easy marks else you'll fail before you've begun!!

No, you're never too old IMHO, as long as you have the will to learn, then go for it. I don't feel out of place, I am happy being my own person, and bugger what other people think; your life, your choices. Good luck, and enjoy your A-levels!! :cool:
I am starting in September and will be 19. I will just use my experiences over the last couple years to better my learning :smile: Doesn't really matter what age you are, you are all their for the same reason.
Well, as a 16 year old starting college in September, I wouldn't think it particually odd to have an older pupil in my class :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by simonbellringer
PLEASE, get your grammar right, most exams with anything written in will have marks for QWC (Quality of Written Communication,) you dont want to drop easy marks else you'll fail before you've begun!!

No, you're never too old IMHO, as long as you have the will to learn, then go for it. I don't feel out of place, I am happy being my own person, and bugger what other people think; your life, your choices. Good luck, and enjoy your A-levels!! :cool:

Ooops, sorry about that. A bit of a slip up on my part! Why thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest