The Student Room Group

French AQA AS level - 25th May

Scroll to see replies

I have three queries for aspects of french breakfasts did anyone get traditional breakfasts, for aspects influencing obesity would i recieve a mark for poor education, and finally for the two last ones on that question was it aids awareness, and anti smoking campaign
Loved this paper! It's my third time doing it, I got a B last summer, a low A in January so hoping for a mid-high A this time. I did the concubinage question, I was really hoping for alochol, smoking or cannabis to come up as it hadn't come up in the last 2 papers I sat! But ah well, fingers crossed! Just gotta keep working on the A2 paper now...
Original post by Etoile
Me too, I did just over 750 words haha! Nice :biggrin: I wanted to do a si + pluperfect + perfect conditional but didn't manage to get one in :/ I think I overused the present participle to make up for it though!

I majorly overused the present participle in the essay too - there was one Section which was literally just like: "en jouant des jeux-videos, en regardant des emissions, ou en faisant des devoirs"!
Original post by Kaylaleigh
Loved this paper! It's my third time doing it, I got a B last summer, a low A in January so hoping for a mid-high A this time. I did the concubinage question, I was really hoping for alochol, smoking or cannabis to come up as it hadn't come up in the last 2 papers I sat! But ah well, fingers crossed! Just gotta keep working on the A2 paper now...

How is A2 french???
Reply 184
Original post by Kimiechi
Oli-Ol, I was exactly the opposite: wrote loads on dangers of technology (health effects, obesity, anti-socialness and cyber-bullying, but I couldn't think of much for why young people use it, so I just put about peer pressure, and then squashed convienience, usefulness, makes life easier and young people are brought up with it so find it difficult to live without all into one paragraph cos I was running out of time. I don't know if I went a bit off the question in my conclusion, cos I started going on about how as long as we use it sensibly, there's no reason why young people shouldn't use technology, which wasn't actually the question... :/

For the dangers of the new techn. I talked about the blogs and that the express their bad behaviour, (Internet) and that people can steal your money as a lot of people cannot be bothered to shop and so a lot of people steal money and so on.. then i talked about the mobile phones and how they are useful but a lot of them can cause isolation, vulagity and so on..
And I've used imperfect, perfect, present, future, and subjunctive what do you think for the context? x
On the true and false one does anyone remember what they got at all? i swear they were all mainly true :s-smilie:
Original post by Oli-Ol
My conclusion sounds similar to yours... I think my last sentence was something like 'new technology has the potential to be dangerous, but it makes day-to-day life much easier and as long as you take care, there shouldn't be a problem. And for this reason young people continue to use new technology despite the potential dangers'. Ooops :P

I put something like "provided that it is used sensibly, new technology is very useful" etc. etc., just cos I wanted to get my subjunctive "pourvu que" in! :wink:
Reply 187
Original post by Blob2491
If everyone found it difficult, grade boundaries will be low =]
Well, that was my last exam! Good luck to you all for remaining exams!

that's true:biggrin:
thankyou, i'm one of those:s-smilie:
How is A2 french???

It's great! We do social topics again, such as racism, GMOs, immigration, poverty etc, then for the cutural topics we are studying the play Antigone and the Pays Basque region of France.

The speaking exam is much harder going, you can't really prepare much as you could be asked anything, and you have to be abe to hold up a debate. I find the reading, listening and writing not too bad though, except the translation section, that can be quite hellish, then we have to write an essay on one of the cultural topics we studied.
Original post by AGWolves
What were the answers to the 1st Question - was it in 1 in 2 are obese? And what were the answers to the second part of Q1? Also, in the grammar section with the 10 question, was one of them "en faisant" because everyone is putting feront! :s-smilie:

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who put that! Well, if it's wrong, at least it wasn't a drastically stupid answer :wink: (unlike the rest of the bloody paper!)
Reply 190
Original post by pink pineapple
that's good, I'd be slightly worried if I was the only one who found it hard!

i resat it as i want an a overall, doubt that'll happen, i got a b last year, it wasnt the easiest thing iv done x
Reply 191
Original post by lidiya
And by the way the FAIRE is sposed to be in the future rite??/ Feront??

That's what I put, at any rate.

Now whether it's right or not... that's a different matter.
How is A2 french???

The speaking exam is a lot harder, but if you practise enough early on you'll be fine.

The listening, reading and writing paper is also harder but for some reason I seem to be better at it, in particular the essays.

You study two cultural topics (book, author, area of France, period of history, director, film, anything really). You talk about both in the speaking exam spending 5 minutes on each. Then you do an essay on one of them in the LRW paper. It will take some time to learn the exam technique to the essay, but the important thing is to show as much detailed knowledge as possible while properly answering the question and giving your point of view!

In the LRW paper you also have to do a French -> English translation of a shortish paragraph, and I think 8 sentences from English -> French. These are by far the hardest parts of the paper!
Reply 193
Did anyone else do the shopping essay? No one else in my class did it, but I thought it was okay.
I did however, find the listening and reading quite difficult. Was originally aiming for a B, but after that, I think a C is more realistic...:frown:
Original post by PointlessUsername

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who put that! Well, if it's wrong, at least it wasn't a drastically stupid answer :wink: (unlike the rest of the bloody paper!)

Following en the verb always ends in -ant :smile: Although, I'm pretty sure it was souffrir which followed en in the grammar section?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 195
Anyone did the Tec Essay please tell me if thats ok PLEASE:
For the dangers of the new techn. I talked about the blogs and that the express their bad behaviour, (Internet) and that people can steal your money as a lot of people cannot be bothered to shop and so a lot of people steal money and so on.. then i talked about the mobile phones and how they are useful but a lot of them can cause isolation, vulagity and so on..
And I've used imperfect, perfect, present, future, and subjunctive what do you think for the context? x
Reply 196
Original post by Kimiechi
I majorly overused the present participle in the essay too - there was one Section which was literally just like: "en jouant des jeux-videos, en regardant des emissions, ou en faisant des devoirs"!

I used "en utilisant" quite a lot, I made those points too but had a modal verb at the front so they were all infinitives XD

Original post by mylonelyangel
On the true and false one does anyone remember what they got at all? i swear they were all mainly true :s-smilie:

I had mostly true, and then when I was checking I read it more carefully and changed some to false, I think there might have still been a true majority though.
Original post by ellh
Did anyone else do the shopping essay? No one else in my class did it, but I thought it was okay.
I did however, find the listening and reading quite difficult. Was originally aiming for a B, but after that, I think a C is more realistic...:frown:

I did the shopping one. I hated all the choices, so chose the least painful.
Original post by Kaylaleigh
Following en the verb always ends in -ant :smile: Although, I'm pretty sure it was souffrir which followed en in the grammar section?

Thank you! :biggrin:

You know what, I've completely forgotten the paper already, so you're probably right about souffrir...

Was originally hoping for an A, but to be honest I don't think that's happening... :frown:
How many N/Ds were there I got two :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending