The Student Room Group

French AQA AS level - 25th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by nufc7
Oh okay well good luck and don't forget to tell us how you did in this thread! :smile:

Thank you!! And I will.. :smile:)
Original post by Joshalos
Got an A in the oral but a C in the paper! Which I managed to gt a B overall but I am quite annoyed because in all my past papers and mocks I got As and was predicted the same so to get a C in the paper, I must have messed up really badly. Might see if I can redo that module though as I'm not carrying forward to A2 anyway.

Im pretty much the same :frown: i got a C overall though, im not too upset because im dropping it but im a bit confused, my teacher said my oral was an A and its been moderated to a C :frown: i may try to get it all remarked, I got a B in my mock and had also been getting As in past papers. Do you guys think it is worth remarking?
Reply 442
Original post by mylonelyangel
Im pretty much the same :frown: i got a C overall though, im not too upset because im dropping it but im a bit confused, my teacher said my oral was an A and its been moderated to a C :frown: i may try to get it all remarked, I got a B in my mock and had also been getting As in past papers. Do you guys think it is worth remarking?

What was your ums score? For a B you need 140/200 (I think! :s-smilie:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by nufc7
What was your ums score? For a B you need 140/200 (I think! :s-smilie:)

I got 126/200 :s
Original post by nufc7
Yeah like someone already said that is your ums and the exams are out of 60 and 140... If you still want to convert back into your raw mark there's a tool on the AQA website which allows you to put in the exam you did and it tells you, I think it's quite easy to find on the home page

Well done on the result as well!

Thanks!! Well done on your amazing result too!! :smile:
Reply 445

I also got a C in the written and an A in the oral, although the A was borderline :frown: I'm seriously angry about it. Both of my teachers said that I could get an A easily, and almost all the past papers I did were As. I don't understand where I went wrong... I'm definitely getting hold of the paper and re-marking.
Reply 446
I got 126/200 :s

a late reply but heigh ho... if my instinct is right and it is 140 for a B then 14 marks is quite a lot to make up... having said that I got my GCSE german remarked and got 9 extra marks so you never know! weigh up how much you want the extra grade against how much disposable income you have
Reply 447
Original post by nufc7
Oh okay well good luck and don't forget to tell us how you did in this thread! :smile:

I got b for my speaking and d for the paper
i looked at the grade boundaries for june 2012 anf it says that 67out of 110 is a C and i got 72 abd got D..
Got a B overall. High A on the paper, but got a D on the oral (one mark off a C!) so 7 marks away from an A overall. So gutted.
Reply 449
Original post by lidiya
I got b for my speaking and d for the paper
i looked at the grade boundaries for june 2012 anf it says that 67out of 110 is a C and i got 72 abd got D..

the mark you get on your results isn't the raw mark out of 110, it is your ums mark so will be out of 140
Reply 450
I got an A in the oral and a fantastic E in the exam, giving me a C overall. Thrilled frankly, and I got As in my other three subjects!
Original post by Ionus7
I also got a C in the written and an A in the oral, although the A was borderline :frown: I'm seriously angry about it. Both of my teachers said that I could get an A easily, and almost all the past papers I did were As. I don't understand where I went wrong... I'm definitely getting hold of the paper and re-marking.

Yes do that, I think I am too, good luck :smile: i really hope your marks go up
Original post by nufc7
a late reply but heigh ho... if my instinct is right and it is 140 for a B then 14 marks is quite a lot to make up... having said that I got my GCSE german remarked and got 9 extra marks so you never know! weigh up how much you want the extra grade against how much disposable income you have

Thanks for the reply :smile: yeah i've been weighing it up, got the paper back now, going to run it by my teacher before remarking.
Does anybody have the markscheme?
Reply 454
Yes do that, I think I am too, good luck :smile: i really hope your marks go up

I requested a recall of my paper so I could take a look at it, and I discovered that I a) couldn't hear some of what was said in the listening, as I thought, and b), that I got 9/35 in the essay :O I was furious, and all of my teachers said that I should request a remark. I requested a remark, and surprisingly, my mark went up by 3 points. That was enough to put me into a borderline B for French :smile: just thought I'd let you know.
does anyone have the paper if so could you post it here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending