The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse biology may 2012 exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Seems like these exams are only getting harder. Hopefully paper 2 won't be so bad! Good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by own
For the last questions, I got all the CORMS down, however it wasnt all in order, will i still get marks?:smile: (Mad rush at the end when I remembered to put an extra thing in..)

I'm pretty sure you'll still get your marks :smile:
Original post by Umackjiggles
I think it did but they recycle the same questions every year because they are lazy. You do have to commend them on their unparalleled ability to come up with the most retarded BS imaginable and putting it in their papers.

I thought there was some newish rule about how exam series cannot ask the same question twice?
Original post by Big-Daddy
I thought there was some newish rule about how exam series cannot ask the same question twice?

I might be wrong but if, for example, you take the igcse chemistry papers from the last 4-5 years, they always ask the same questions (albeit in a slightly rearranged format). Besides, Eutrophication and GM are basically reserved for paper 2 so they are bound to comr up in some form or another.
Reply 384
Original post by Umackjiggles
I might be wrong but if, for example, you take the igcse chemistry papers from the last 4-5 years, they always ask the same questions (albeit in a slightly rearranged format). Besides, Eutrophication and GM are basically reserved for paper 2 so they are bound to comr up in some form or another.

Yeah, I'd say that the same topics will come up, just asked in a slightly different way.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
its quite good the bio paper. hop u all did well!!!!!:smile:
Reply 386
[QUOTE=Surf;37587070

What I found strange about this exam is that it took me 1hr50mins whereas all my practice papers I did in about 45-50 minutes...:eek:
Did anyone else have this problem???

Same here...i just couldnt believe it...but the paper was easy though!! By the way...for that digestion of proteins in the gut...what are we supposed to write...I wrote from the mouth to the stomach!
Reply 387
i forgot to write the safety precaution-i wrote the five or six points to test for iodine-i didnt read the part where it says write the precaution :confused:
Reply 388
so,what do you guys expect to come in paper 2?
Original post by *Mariya*

GM or cloning, feeding relationships(food chains), Repiration in humans, The cycles in ecology (nitrogen) , Reproduction in plants, Transport in humans.
Reply 390
Original post by *Mariya*

Heart, Eye, GM, Reproduction
Reply 391
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
GM or cloning, feeding relationships(food chains), Repiration in humans, The cycles in ecology (nitrogen) , Reproduction in plants, Transport in humans.

thanks
Reply 392
Original post by Asad14
Heart, Eye, GM, Reproduction

thanks
Reply 393
any1 know where i can get a copy of bio paper for reference ?
Reply 394
This year may 2012 bio paper :wink: edexcel
Reply 395
Rubbish paper in my opinion. As one of you guys said that it didn't test our knowledge of the subject and it was quite a waste of time lol. If I get less than a 'B' grade, I'm taking Edexcel to court :wink:
Paper 2

Breathing
Blood n' circulation
Eye
Yoghurt
Eutrophication
Gm crops
Cloning

1. What was the probability of getting a normal height kid? Just need to put my mind at rest.
2. HOW did you have to answer the evolution question?

Reply 398
Original post by Tentinator
1. What was the probability of getting a normal height kid? Just need to put my mind at rest.
2. HOW did you have to answer the evolution question?

Regarding the first question...I was going to ask the same thing xD What I wrote was 0.25

Regarding the second question, I also need to know.

Besides I have a question: Why are male gametes bigger and more in number than female gametes?
Reply 399
Original post by Tooni
Regarding the first question...I was going to ask the same thing xD What I wrote was 0.25

Regarding the second question, I also need to know.

Besides I have a question: Why are male gametes bigger and more in number than female gametes?

i think it is to increase the chance of fertilisation.i wrote"since internal fertilization takes place in the female's body,many sperm cells are needed to fertilize just one egg cell. if there were many egg cells and small ones, millions of sperm cells would fertliize millions of egg cells so birth would be impossible or the babies would be extremely small or microscopic" hehe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending