The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse biology may 2012 exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
For the crisp question, I only mentioned burning it and weighing the initial mass then the final mass and working out the difference. Then I just said work out calories from there. Will I get any marks? :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 841
Original post by gdcf
For the crisp question, I only mentioned burning it and weighing the initial mass then the final mass and working out the difference. Then I just said work out calories from there. Will I get any marks? :frown:

I did the same thing as you. I think the marks are for the describing the experiment. I don't think you need the formula but it might give you an extra mark if your answer isn't clear cut but if it is i think it should get 4/4 :wink:
Reply 842
Original post by gdcf

Original post by AM.95
I did the same thing as you. I think the marks are for the describing the experiment. I don't think you need the formula but it might give you an extra mark if your answer isn't clear cut but if it is i think it should get 4/4 :wink:

I'm afraid you don't measure the change in mass of the crisp you measure the change in temperature of the water so unless you describes the correct experiment I don't think you'll get many marks :/
Reply 843
Original post by sahajkaur
I'm afraid you don't measure the change in mass of the crisp you measure the change in temperature of the water so unless you describes the correct experiment I don't think you'll get many marks :/

Ahh, that's so annoying because I wrote about the change in water at first :/
Damn, alright thank you! :smile:
Reply 844
Original post by sahajkaur

:smile: Change in temperature is what i put, i was just confused, sorry
Reply 845
anybody here do IGCSE edexcel english lang
Reply 846
Original post by IGCSE

which syllabus? i do syllabus B...
Original post by IGCSE

Yeah
Reply 848
Original post by IGCSE

yes, come to this thread and post ur comments, questions or views.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37733822&highlight=edexcel%20igcse%20english
Reply 849
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Yeah

come to this thread and post ur comments, questions or views.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37733822&highlight=edexcel%20igcse%20english
Original post by AM.95
ih-igcse-geography.wikispaces.com/1.11++General+revision

Its ok, i prefer the textbook:smile:

WOW thank u! do u noe any for ict? thatd be nice :smile:
Reply 851
Original post by yiannis
I do- just give me ur email

[email protected] thank you sorry for the late reply :tongue:
in paper 2 when it asked about the cutting enzyme, i said "restrictive enzyme" (cos i forgot :colondollar: ) and it's meant to be 'restriction'.....do you think i'll still get the mark?
Doe anyone have the marks scheme?
Here are the Question Papers at long last!! :colondollar:
Reply 855
It's 138/180 for a*

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 856
I was expecting an AA (double award) for my science. However, I got an AB in the end. I'm not sure how they deliever your results in Britain but in Asia they only give you the grade you got not the marks for bio, chem or phy. To be honest, I did really bad for my biology like I didn't do the last 6 marks question. I'm pretty sure my physics carried really hard to get an AB. Now that IB started I'm considering to drop my Biology standard for something like chemistry. That would leave me with a higher physics and a standard chem which is really good to get in to universities if I get good for them. Do you know a way to know how well I did for biology without paying to review the exam paper. So that I can pick which subject is my strength
Reply 857
hi,

I cant access the papers.
does anyone know where to ger iGCSE past papers for Biology (or a equivalent to past paper so just any exam) I am looking for triple science papers
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by fashionandtennis
in paper 2 when it asked about the cutting enzyme, i said "restrictive enzyme" (cos i forgot :colondollar: ) and it's meant to be 'restriction'.....do you think i'll still get the mark?

Can you put your paper up I have this test soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending