The Student Room Group

AQA French Listening 14th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
What did you put about his brother and sister's negative point? I just guessed at they were both annoying... What did you put?EDIT: What did you put about the old man and the shop, his name was Audave or something. I put he was a shop assistant

For the first one I missed out the negative points on two of those questions... I got the positive ones though. And I said he was a shop assistant and he liked working with children... but I'm not 100% sure.
Original post by Duke
For the first one I missed out the negative points on two of those questions... I got the positive ones though. And I said he was a shop assistant and he liked working with children... but I'm not 100% sure.

I put those as well! Todays higher exam was hard supposedly, so hopefully the Reading will be easy, as they should level out. Which means we'll be the lucky ones,with easy listening and easy reading. Or maybe the reading will follow the hard route? :s-smilie:
when will the unofficial markscheme be put up??? i need to know please :smile:
Reply 203
Hey guys,
I didn't think it went too badly, but does anyone know the answers for the Mali question?
Original post by Rahul.S
btw what are the boundaries like.....for AQA and edexcel? guessing the aqa is /40...so boundaries should be roughly similar

You doing GCSE French broo looool... get back to the maths!
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
I put those as well! Todays higher exam was hard supposedly, so hopefully the Reading will be easy, as they should level out. Which means we'll be the lucky ones,with easy listening and easy reading. Or maybe the reading will follow the hard route? :s-smilie:

You can't say one will be easy if the other is hard. Last year (for german) they were both easy and both had ridiculously high bundaries. But then this january the listening was easy and the reading hard (for german also). So it varies a fair bit.
Reply 206
i wrote for the steak question that it was too fattening? i heard 'gras' complete guess! such a hard exam! :frown:
HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! FOUNDATION FOR THE WIN !

Guys, don't worry my school found it really hard and even the people that lived in france for all thier lives struggled. ( Have got full marks in coursework)

Foundation was easy and a breeze. The jobs question was hard but that was it.But i thought for a foundation paper, it was harder than the prevous ones

Anyone else do foundation ??
Original post by OllieSmith
HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! FOUNDATION FOR THE WIN !

Guys, don't worry my school found it really hard and even the people that lived in france for all thier lives struggled. ( Have got full marks in coursework)

Foundation was easy and a breeze. The jobs question was hard but that was it.But i thought for a foundation paper, it was harder than the prevous ones

Anyone else do foundation ??

Me, are you on higher reading?
^ oh yes. I knew the listening would be hard to i opted for foundation. and i was right!

How did you find it ? Because that shop keeper question threw me
Reply 210
Original post by miffleberry24
you should have picked up that they lived in the streets of the city "rue de la grande ville" aka...homelessness

Yeah, dunno why I struggled, I must have been thinking the ghetto kind of thing lol
Original post by OllieSmith
^ oh yes. I knew the listening would be hard to i opted for foundation. and i was right!

How did you find it ? Because that shop keeper question threw me

I found it quite good. Shop keeper? I can't recall that question. Was it about Ardau being a shop assistant?
I've just finished my own "provisional result" coming from all of your answers by majority decision.

This is coming from a person who only get 1 hour of French teaching a week and most of my knowledge coming from my last summer holiday and reading French manga online!

I'm currently on a borderline A/A* after all of the controlled assessment units so its all dependent on these exams!

Social Issues (The First Part) 2/2
The Party 5/5
Jobs (The "Father Christmas" Page) 4/4
Jobs (The "Factory" Page) 2/4
Environment in Mali 3/4
Talent Show 6/6
Food (The big steak debate!) 2/4 (Pure luck that I said epice was spicy!)
Holidays 1/3 (Even if I'm lucky, depends on the mood of the examiner I guess!)
Relationships 0/4 (As Cilla would say, surprise surprise!)
School Subjects 4/4

TOTAL 29/40

I'd reckon that by my past experience that this'll JUST scrape an A* but if no then I'd guess a 1 marker off an A* scenario.
But because of the sheer difficulty of this paper I'm guessing that the reading may be a little easier and fingers crossed there's a good page on countries of the world. May make the years of watching Eurovision pay off!
Reply 213
Original post by MikeyP96
what did your mom say about the steak question?

rare/not cooked enough or too greasy/fatty :smile: definitely not spicy as she liked that!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by books28
rare/not cooked enough or too greasy/fatty :smile: definitely not spicy as she liked that!

BOO YA!

I wrote not cooked enough simply because it's common complaint.

I find it extremely satisfying when a rough guess turns out to be correct. :biggrin:

------

I still don't get the consensus; factory or furniture shop?

And what was part 2 of the question?

1) Keep it clean
2) Comfortable to sleep on (I think it was that).
3) Not noisy
(edited 11 years ago)

1) Keep it clean
3) Not noisy

I put furniture shop, and I think the answer for part two was the one to do with people sleeping well/comfortable beds :smile:
Reply 216
Original post by adjh
do you reckon the boundaries will be low? Because the majority of my year who took the higher tier found it quite difficult!

January's higher listening stood at 28 for an A*, I think this could be similar. But you never know. Anyhow, it won't be far off previosu years - the highest ever has been 32, with the lowest 26
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 217
Original post by paperclip345

1) Keep it clean
3) Not noisy

I put furniture shop, and I think the answer for part two was the one to do with people sleeping well/comfortable beds :smile:

I'm not sure if many would have been sure of the first part even if it was English :smile:. Very hard to interpret. But the second part was definitely 2, yep.
Reply 218
FACTORY + PEOPLE SLEEPING WELL
Original post by Spatial_Void
BOO YA!

I wrote not cooked enough simply because it's common complaint.

I find it extremely satisfying when a rough guess turns out to be correct. :biggrin:

------

1) Keep it clean
3) Not noisy

Original post by paperclip345

1) Keep it clean
3) Not noisy

As do I Spatial_Void :biggrin:

I am nearly 100% sure for:

FACTORY + PEOPLE SLEEPING WELL (my mother is a French teacher!) :smile:
Reply 219
I failed it. And I am not just saying that.

The first question I got wrong for definite. I put domestic violence instead of homelessness (I was listening for "sans abri" but it wasn't said - I suppore "grande ville" should've indicated homelessness). Second question I got right.

What were the other questions?

Anyone got them written down?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending