The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Silly....Silly... mistakes :frown:

Around 66/67... What is avrg for 90UMS?
Can anyone suggest to me how many marks I may of lost? Here's what I did wrong:

2b - For some reason I rose x^4 to the power of 1/2 instead of -1/2 , I took 25/4 to -1/2 though

4b - I used Sn = 1/2n[2a+(n-1)d] and got 60 something pounds, what's going on there?

8c - I put the graph to the left hand side of the Y axis, but otherwise got co-ordinates right

9d-e - Couldn't answer d, was to stressed at this point to try e :frown:

10a - Didn't notice the 2x and put the x co-ordinate as 9

10bi-ii - X Co-ordinates not right due to incorrect a), hopefully will still get 4/6 marks for getting 4/6 co-ordinates right though?

Really worried about this :/ Need an A, annoys me because I'm almost always at 90% + in past papers, just exam hall pressure made me make stupid errors. Can't really tell how many I've scored as I don't know how generous they are with method marks
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Shack93
Hopefully I got 69. yeah it was I know I lost a couple marks there.

I got 10% in last 5 practice papers dropped 12 marks in this one :'(
just cus i did x=2 in (b) got everything else in 9 wrong....
and lost 2 marks elsewhere!! fu#*K that question!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah bro, i got 95% plus in every exam and i dorpped 12 marks in this one. think i am gonna have to re-sit! mind u i am only 14 :biggrin:, nerdy me :P
But i got 9 all wrong :/
Reply 184
Isn't 10bii wrong in the answers, shouldnt it be (4.5/3) for the x coordinate at point a rather than 1.5??
Reply 185
Original post by Kidioteque
Cheers for this, Arsey. Just a quick question about number 3: I completely fudged it up - I didn't rationalise and instead broke down the denominator into sqrt(4x3) - sqrt(4x2) --> leading to 2/(2rt3 - 2rt2) --> then cancelling the 2s to be left with rt3 - rt2. I realise this is completely wrong, but would there be ANY credit in this? Because I believe I wrote down the correct a and b values at the end. Cheers.

I did the exact same thing! theres got to me some credit in that answer
I got 1.5. s:
Reply 187
Woops just realised its the same thing
Reply 188
Reply 189
Original post by Kidioteque
Cheers for this, Arsey. Just a quick question about number 3: I completely fudged it up - I didn't rationalise and instead broke down the denominator into sqrt(4x3) - sqrt(4x2) --> leading to 2/(2rt3 - 2rt2) --> then cancelling the 2s to be left with rt3 - rt2. I realise this is completely wrong, but would there be ANY credit in this? Because I believe I wrote down the correct a and b values at the end. Cheers.

I did this too. :facepalm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 190
I think Ive gotten around 61/62 do you reckon that will be an A?
Original post by ash-stan
I think Ive gotten around 61/62 do you reckon that will be an A?

Hopefully, I've got somewhere around 61, that's giving myself sensible method marks, so hopefully the mark scheme will give sensible method marks too :frown: Need an A!
Did anyone else find it unusually hard? I usually do quite well on C1 papers but I feel that I messed this one up big time- I think I got something like 55/75 can I still secure an A if I do well on C2 and S1 (what kind of mark would I need on those two papers to secure an A?). I'm really upset :'(
Reply 193
Original post by thetransitionary
Hopefully, I've got somewhere around 61, that's giving myself sensible method marks, so hopefully the mark scheme will give sensible method marks too :frown: Need an A!

They always give lots of method marks, alot of people found this hard so hopefully the grade boundries will be low
I also found this hard - this was my first time sitting but I'm in Year 13. Slightly was my fault as I did hardly any revision for it :rolleyes:

I know I've messed up Question 4 - can't remember what I did but I really struggled.

Question 9 was awful - I wrote the wrong equation for L1 in the first part, and used it all the way through. Noticed 10 mins before the end so had to rush to do it all - but I think I got it all (minus a few methods marks).

I reckon I've got anywhere from 60-70 depending on method marks - probably around 65. Hoping for an A. I definitely need a A overall for university.

One quick question - all of my answers are in fraction form rather than decimals - will this matter?
Original post by Cinnamon_Twist
Did anyone else find it unusually hard? I usually do quite well on C1 papers but I feel that I messed this one up big time- I think I got something like 55/75 can I still secure an A if I do well on C2 and S1 (what kind of mark would I need on those two papers to secure an A?). I'm really upset :'(

I agree, I usually average at about 80%-90% in C1 and was hoping that this would help boost up my UMS. Q8 and Q9 was absolute torture :s-smilie:

To get an A you would have to get A's in the next two. And since Edexcel have been evil to us this year I am expecting those to be really hard...
Reply 196
Was wondering if anyone else for question 9. D) used the distance line formula used in c2 to prove this question rather than Pythagoras theorem directly or is it likely to lose marks as it wasn't explanatory enough? :smile:
Original post by Jhgt123
Was wondering if anyone else for question 9. D) used the distance line formula used in c2 to prove this question rather than Pythagoras theorem directly or is it likely to lose marks as it wasn't explanatory enough? :smile:

The C2 length of a line formula is pythagoras in a formula...... In any case you are allowed to use any valid method to solve a problem unless a method is specified in the question.
This may sound mean, but I'm glad that everyone else found it as difficult as I did... Maybe this will mean super-generous grade boundaries? Fingers crossed. :smile:
Reply 199
think i got 58/75... do you reckon i scraped 80 ums? :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending