The Student Room Group

21st birthday with no friends?

Scroll to see replies

I'm turning 21 in 2 days. I feel really down about it. I'm staying in a foreign country for my boyfriend without any family or friends. I was planning to take a trip with my bf, but we got in a fight, and aren't going to do anything now. I'm pretty sad. Everyone makes it out to be such a big deal, but I'm going to be all alone with all my friends and family on the other side of the world, and I don't have the money to go visit them.
Original post by depressed21
I'm turning 21 in 2 days. I feel really down about it. I'm staying in a foreign country for my boyfriend without any family or friends. I was planning to take a trip with my bf, but we got in a fight, and aren't going to do anything now. I'm pretty sad. Everyone makes it out to be such a big deal, but I'm going to be all alone with all my friends and family on the other side of the world, and I don't have the money to go visit them.

This post is literally 9 years old. The guy who originally posted this is now 30.

The older you get, the wiser you'll be and you'll realise that Birthday's aren't that important to celebrate on the day - Same with other special days like Christmas etc... The best thing that you can do is just ride it out and celebrate when you get home! Is there definitely nothing that you and your boyfriend can do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending