The Student Room Group

Friends have made plans on my birthday

Somebody in my group of friends has organised this movie marathon at their place. The issue is it’s on my birthday so I voiced on the group chat today that that day is my birthday and nobody acknowledged it. They just continued saying that they were down to do it that day and that they’ll book work off for it. I wasn’t even expecting them to offer to do another day but they could’ve offered to go out afterwards as it finishes at 9pm. I messaged my girlfriend after (who was also invited) that I guess I’m gonna have to compromise my birthday plans and idk, she just kinda shrugged it off saying that the movie marathon sounds fun and I should just do that on my birthday. This has bugged me as I don’t really wanna do a movie marathon at someone else’s place on my birthday…
Original post by Anonymous #1
Somebody in my group of friends has organised this movie marathon at their place. The issue is it’s on my birthday so I voiced on the group chat today that that day is my birthday and nobody acknowledged it. They just continued saying that they were down to do it that day and that they’ll book work off for it. I wasn’t even expecting them to offer to do another day but they could’ve offered to go out afterwards as it finishes at 9pm. I messaged my girlfriend after (who was also invited) that I guess I’m gonna have to compromise my birthday plans and idk, she just kinda shrugged it off saying that the movie marathon sounds fun and I should just do that on my birthday. This has bugged me as I don’t really wanna do a movie marathon at someone else’s place on my birthday…

What did you originally have in mind?
Could you do it without your friends? Maybe just spend the day with your girlfriend/ family?

You should do something you enjoy on your birthday, don’t let your friends take over on your special day!

once your birthday is over, maybe consider finding some more considerate friends- your current ones don’t sound very caring. That is just my advice. I’m not advising cutting these friends off completely but your friends should care about your birthday and making sure you have a good day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending