The Student Room Group

AQA MPC2 (Core 2) Exam June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by georgiaaaxo
So relieved everyone else found it the same though. What's worse is my brain was already dead as I had to do this paper straight after c1. Did anyone else have to do this?

Yeah, I found Core 1 really hard aswell, I was resitting it because I got a really low a in jan, so i thought I could make a few marks, but I felt like :| after it and still do :frown:
Reply 121
OMG i saw the aqa ums convertor , and for the june 11 (which is much easier than this paper) , and for 80ums you need only 54 out of 75 , that means in c1 and c1 i will be easily getting above atleast 65 , which using the ums convertor is 96ums!!! Awesome AS is soo easy
Original post by AunShah
Yeah, I found Core 1 really hard aswell, I was resitting it because I got a really low a in jan, so i thought I could make a few marks, but I felt like :| after it and still do :frown:

Yeah. Core 1 was just alright for me...but after doing c2 it made it seem much better! Same, I feel drained.
At least it's over, I guess!
Reply 123
Comparing todays exam to June 2011 though, it's quite clear this was much more trickier than June 2011. Looking at the grade boundaries on June 2011, it was 54 for an A and 47 for a B. I know last year, grade boundaries being quite low was rare but anyone think the grade boundaries will be as low as the previous year for this paper?
Reply 124
Original post by ArisR16
Comparing todays exam to June 2011 though, it's quite clear this was much more trickier than June 2011. Looking at the grade boundaries on June 2011, it was 54 for an A and 47 for a B. I know last year, grade boundaries being quite low was rare but anyone think the grade boundaries will be as low as the previous year for this paper?

This is what exactly what i've been thinking, its either gonna be roughly the same or a bit lower i recon
This paper was awful. Nothing more needs to be said. Even the further maths people from my college thought it was just disgusting. I am hoping that the grade boundaries will be lower.
Reply 126
I found the c2 paper really hard, but did anyone resitting the c1 find that it was one of the easiest papers ever?
what did everyone get for the intergration values at the last part?
Reply 128
Original post by The H
I found the c2 paper really hard, but did anyone resitting the c1 find that it was one of the easiest papers ever?

well i guess c1 seemed easy compared to that horrific c2 paper just before! but compared to the other c1 papers i thought it was pretty standard? i wouldn't call it either easy or hard.
Reply 129
Original post by poyyo
well i guess c1 seemed easy compared to that horrific c2 paper just before! but compared to the other c1 papers i thought it was pretty standard? i wouldn't call it either easy or hard.

true, but i did still consider it quite easy before i started core 2
Original post by Abubakar_96
For your information,

I didn't lose way more (5marks being the upper bound of my loss), and im 15, and got 95 in c1.

So please don't chat bull****.

Calm down. 95, so room for improvement?
Reply 131
Hi Folks,

Could you help me with some of these questions please!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
Q 2 B - The exact value of cos thetha

8B 1 - Forming a quadractic prove that y=7x and y= 72x-12 intersect and find the x co-ord

9 111 - y=2logx intersect y=log(x2+1) at P. Find gradient

Ps - i thought the exam was terrible!:biggrin:
Reply 132
Original post by Gillal
You will probably only drop 1 mark for missing -root3, guessing you'll get error carried forward in the second part

are you sure?
Reply 133
Original post by joe900
Hi Folks,

8B 1 - Forming a quadractic prove that y=7x and y= 72x-12 intersect and find the x co-ord

For 8B 1 -
7^X = 7^2X-12
Let 7^X = U
U = U^2 - 12
Rearrange and get U^2 - U - 12 = y
Solve to get x
Reply 134
Original post by sunny_veggies
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were for June 2011??

54-A 80 ums

63 was something like 92 ums

i think our boundaries are going to be lower
which suits me because it was just terrible

AQA must be wanting to make lots of money from resits.

Chem 1 jan 12 hard. chem 1 june 12 ok
core 1 jan 12 (hard for some) core 1 june 12 ok

Core 2 jan 12(easy for most as indicated by high grade boundaries. 71 marks was 91 ums)
core 2 jan 12 more solid than a concrete wall

anyone sitting stats?

in jan the stats was 56/75 for an A

if it follows the trend our stats on friday should be ok?
I reckon I dropped anywhere between 15 - 25 marks between the last 3 questions alone. I suppose 7 should be given some leniency; if we were specifically told to treat it (the trig equation) like a polynomial I think most people would be able to do it, but the last 2 questions were pure evil. I've only seen one paper (Jun 10) with a similar style of question, and all our maths teachers struggled to provide a sound explanation as to solving those kind of log equations, and then 2 full blown questions come up on it. :s-smilie:

I can only hope grade boundaries are exceptionally low, mid-40's - mid-50's for an A at most.
Reply 136
Original post by joe900
Hi Folks,

Q2B) 12/13

Q9) Log(base10) (1000/729)
Reply 137
Original post by Abubakar_96
For your information,

I didn't lose way more (5marks being the upper bound of my loss), and im 15, and got 95 in c1.

So please don't chat bull****.

Haha trust me , i am way smarter than you , and getting 95 is nothing great , being a few months smaller than everyone else doesnt make you special just immature , i am pretty sure you have NO intelligence
Reply 138
Original post by ryanboi

Q9) Log(base10) (1000/729)

So bloody pissed I didn't get this. Somehow decided that the change in x was 3 :argh:
Reply 139
Original post by shunn
exam was piss, shut up moaning you ****ing retards, I am from china and I know maths like th eback of my cock. I AM KING OF CORE 2

****ing hope you fail in life u miserable ****

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending