The Student Room Group

OCR C2 Exam May 18th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by J.C
I'll help. For a GP to have a sum to infinity -1<r<1.
so -1<log2(y)<1

and solve.

thanks... the inequality i extrapolated from the green booklet was log2(y)<1... -.-
Reply 281
are there any past papers you would say were on the same level of difficulty as this one?

So we can find approximate grade boundaries.
Reply 282
What normally gets 100 UMS?
Original post by samjj8

omg why didnt i think of just doing that! i got the answer in the end but after 45 minutes and 2 extra pages of trying out all the trig identities and rearranging them over and over again :/ and it was only 2 marks :/ i ended up rushing everything else and didnt have time to check :frown:
Reply 284
Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!! i feel like crying haha i messed up the last log question and im pretty sure i got everything else right(hopefully) :frown:

On the last Question I read it wrong and worked out r (-0.58... But in an exact form) rather than y my answer is the same as log2(2/3) how many marks would I get?
definitely lost the 2 marks on the value of y and also the tan/sin/cos questions..
apart from that, i think it went ok... hopefully the grade boundary for an A will be 60ish?
what graph did everyone sketch for the trapezia question? i think it was to do with the tops of the trapezia being above the curve?
that was soo much harder than past papers, i completley blanked out when it came to Q7 with alpha/beta etc. :frown:
Reply 288
for those of you that did the obtuse/acute questions incorrectly and now know exactly how to do it and fully understand it, you're not the only one. i even did the correct method and crossed it out. i feel your pain

for other questions do people remember getting 34.3 and 69 and a third.. cant remember what questions they're for though
Original post by J.C
What normally gets 100 UMS?

normally full marks or maybe -1.
You can work it out using a formula on the OCR website :smile:
Reply 291
Original post by peachesandcream77
what graph did everyone sketch for the trapezia question? i think it was to do with the tops of the trapezia being above the curve?

it's a decreasing gradient, so the tops of the trapezia are actually under the curve, hence why they asked the total area is more than calculated

for other questions do people remember getting 34.3 and 69 and a third.. cant remember what questions they're for though

i remember getting 63.3recurring for the integration question, yea.

Got 69 and a third for the integration one
Could have got 34.3, I can't remember :/
Reply 293
The grade boundaries will hopefully be in the range of 57-60.
Reply 294

I remember the 69&1/3 for the integration for find area one.
Reply 295
I'm forgetting my pains of obtuse angles robbing me of possibly full marks now. I need to revise S1 to try and make up those 3 marks I lost on that question.
when will mr m post answers..
Original post by kenann
cubert(64/27) = 4/3

therefore x = 4/3

i cross out the correct the answer by accident, do u think that the examiner will ignore it ???
Hey, did anyone else sit OCR C2 exam today?

Didn't think it was a bad paper but a few tricky Q's IMO. Best of luck to everyone who did!
Original post by samjj8

Would you get it right for saying, if tan0= 2/5 then tan-1(2/5) = 21.8 <---- then sin21.8 = 2/root29?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending