The Student Room Group

Higher Business Management 2012

Just wondering if anyone on here is doing it, I know it's 12 days away but still lol.

Anyone have any ideas of what could come up? post away.

I'm really scared as I really need to revise the whole course and do past papers but they take so much time. I have nine days before it though so i'm going to revise then, lol.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greigeh
Just wondering if anyone on here is doing it, I know it's 12 days away but still lol.

Anyone have any ideas of what could come up? post away.

I'm really scared as I really need to revise the whole course and do past papers but they take so much time. I have nine days before it though so i'm going to revise then, lol.

That i agree with. I am doing the exam this year, but ive not started revision because i have got maths french and physics in between. Lets hope theres no nasty surprises!
Reply 2
I'm also doing bus man, I haven't really started revising for it yet though....

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Also doing Business, not started revising for it yet but will do next week. I'd suggest revising:

product life cycle
extension stratagies to increase sales
role of finance
cash budgeting
finance ratios
users/uses of financial information
cash flow problems and solutions
internal organisation
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm doing it too (crashing Higher, and the only Higher I'm doing this year).

I haven't started revision for it yet as I've got my Advanced Maths exam on Monday (which I've had to do tons for), so I'll have a week and a couple of days to revise purely for Business. I think it's enough time as long as I get my head down and don't get distracted.

As for specific topics, I've not really looked into it, but I'm going to revise the whole lot, because there's so much questions, that a lot of things can come up. I'm just going to spend more time on my weaker areas and make sure I know everything. (Now I come to think of it, the whole doing all 2 and half hour past papers next week does not seem enjoyable in the least)
Reply 5
I'd say:

-product life cycle
-extension stratagies to increase sales
-role of finance
-cash budgeting
-finance ratios
-users/uses of financial information
-cash flow problems and solutions
-internal organisation

:awesome:
Reply 6
Just little hints at what we picket from our talk by the exam writer.
Reply 7
Original post by Sami'
Also doing Business, not started revising for it yet but will do next week. I'd suggest revising:

product life cycle
role of finance
cash budgeting
finance ratios
internal organisation

What makes you suggest this ?
Reply 8
We had a masterclass last month and the man who writes the Higher Business papers attended and gave a talk. These are just things we picked up on that we think might appear :P
Reply 9
Business management is pretty straightforward to be honest, uses a lot of common sense really so it's not the toughest of exams but it's one of the most dull. 2.5 hours going through that exam paper is gonna be boring as hell.
Reply 10
Original post by Akmeeda
Business management is pretty straightforward to be honest, uses a lot of common sense really so it's not the toughest of exams but it's one of the most dull. 2.5 hours going through that exam paper is gonna be boring as hell.

For you maybe, not for me haha. Looking forward to it
Reply 11
Only a day over a week now! I'm getting nervous as I want to do well to prove everyone wrong as I did extremely poorly in my prelim lol.

Hoping for quite a straightforward paper, so depressing knowing it's 2.5 hours long though.
I am not really looking forward to it, theres so much writing its unbelievable! My last exam though, party party party! :smile:
I'm really looking forward to this exam, it's my last one and it's my favourite subject so ending on a high! If anyone needs any help with it etc feel free to ask, I got a B on the prelim but that was after being off for a month unwell so I'm aiming for a decent A pass on Wednesday!

In the prelim I managed to finish the paper in an hour and a half, don't ask me how I managed that cause I honestly don't know but I seemed to think the exam was only an hour and a half long not two and a half so I was rushing. Plan to do the same on Wednesday though since I had a hour to check over things.
Reply 14
Crashing this, really really nervous!
Because I am crashing according to my teacher i don't use the necessary *buzz words*

any help on this, and some examples PLEASE! I keep missing them out because i don't know what they are :s-smilie: ..
And this is apparently the key to getting an A/B...
In my first prelim I got 45% and the second I got 55% so i am improving but i need a solid B, if im lucky maybe scrape an A... so any help guys ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by AminahEmm
Crashing this, really really nervous!
Because I am crashing according to my teacher i don't use the necessary *buzz words*

any help on this, and some examples PLEASE! I keep missing them out because i don't know what they are :s-smilie: ..
And this is apparently the key to getting an A/B...
In my first prelim I got 45% and the second I got 55% so i am improving but i need a solid B, if im lucky maybe scrape an A... so any help guys ?

Buzz words?
Reply 16
Original post by Sami'
Buzz words?

like key words ?
Reply 17
Original post by Sami'

product life cycle
role of finance
cash budgeting
finance ratios
internal organisation

I would agree with these. I sat the course last year, and for me at least, it worked to learn solid definitions of the advantages and disadvantages of everything really and definitely know the steps I had to follow for each type of question. LEARN YOUR QUESTION TYPES. That's probably one of my key points :tongue: also, practice the first question lots, it's a very very easy 10 marks!

If anyone needs any tips or anything, I'd be happy to help! I got an A last year :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by AminahEmm
like key words ?

Like explain, describe and identify?

Original post by rawragee
I would agree with these. I sat the course last year, and for me at least, it worked to learn solid definitions of the advantages and disadvantages of everything really and definitely know the steps I had to follow for each type of question. LEARN YOUR QUESTION TYPES. That's probably one of my key points :tongue: also, practice the first question lots, it's a very very easy 10 marks!

If anyone needs any tips or anything, I'd be happy to help! I got an A last year :smile:

Looking to get an A in this, got an A in the prelim and done last few years past papers getting A's each time. Did you do it AH?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Sami'
Like explain, describe and identify?

Looking to get an A in this, got an A in the prelim and done last few years past papers getting A's each time. Did you do it AH?

I didn't, as it wasn't offered by my school, but I have been tutoring my friends who've taken it this year so it's fairly fresh in my mind :smile:
do you have any questions? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending