The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers May 2012 <strong><font

Scroll to see replies

for part 1)ii) i misread the question and did the minus instead of add :mad:, so i got 1620x + 1440x^3 + 64x^5

Will i get a mark for that?
Reply 321
I enjoyed this exam - I came out thinking that there wasn't one question which I didn't understand. As it turns out, I made a few calculation mistakes which dropped me some marks. I think (and hope!) that I got a high B to low A. Good luck to everyone who did it in regards to results!
Reply 322
Hey Mr M. For 7i) I just tan^-1(2/5). Then did cosANS. If I still got the correct answer, would I get the marks? Other people seem to have a different method of doing it.
Reply 323
Original post by Alex Newton
for part 1)ii) i misread the question and did the minus instead of add :mad:, so i got 1620x + 1440x^3 + 64x^5

I asked that question, and I was told I will get one for that. How is it many people are loosing out on this question?
I did the same Kabelan...I swear on my paper it was minus, 90% sure - but it cant of been obviously :frown:
Original post by Kabelan1
I asked that question, and I was told I will get one for that. How is it many people are loosing out on this question?

In past papers it always minus, I had to check twice, because I was surprised
Reply 326
Original post by tooambitious
In past papers it always minus, I had to check twice, because I was surprised

No one is believing me, but there is defiantly a printing error, in some of these papers, because most people who took the paper at my school defiantly had a "-", so they ended up with 1620x+1440x^3+64x^5, rather then what's on the unofficial Mark Scheme.
Reply 327
Original post by DOPPLER EFFECT
I did the same Kabelan...I swear on my paper it was minus, 90% sure - but it cant of been obviously :frown:

Defiantly a printing error is some of these papers, only if I had that paper with me. I am going to see what I can do at school on Monday, my friend's also got the "-", and several people on this thread also the "-" too.
Original post by Alex Newton

You should only lose 1 mark for a misread (so long as it is clear that is what happened).
Original post by ChrissM
Hey Mr M. For 7i) I just tan^-1(2/5). Then did cosANS. If I still got the correct answer, would I get the marks? Other people seem to have a different method of doing it.

That isn't the correct way to do it. I suspect no marks but I could be wrong.
Original post by Kabelan1
Defiantly a printing error is some of these papers, only if I had that paper with me. I am going to see what I can do at school on Monday, my friend's also got the "-", and several people on this thread also the "-" too.

Lots of people misread 45π45 \pi as 4545 too but they are not claiming it is a printing error.

It is improbable (but not impossible) that a printing error occured on some papers and not others as I expect the whole batch was printed at the same time.
Reply 331
Original post by Mr M
Lots of people misread 45π45 \pi as 4545 too but they are not claiming it is a printing error.

It is improbable (but not impossible) that a printing error occured on some papers and not others as I expect the whole batch was printed at the same time.

Let me get hold of one of those papers with the "-" on Monday, then we may be able to have a look.
Original post by Lucozad
Let me get hold of one of those papers with the "-" on Monday, then we may be able to have a look.

Good plan.
Reply 333
For the f(x) and g(x) question, my working out wasn't very clear and i don't think i showed how a=-4 very well. However I managed to work out b=3. How many marks would this get?
Original post by J-science
For the f(x) and g(x) question, my working out wasn't very clear and i don't think i showed how a=-4 very well. However I managed to work out b=3. How many marks would this get?

Depends on what you did. Anything from 3 to 6 marks?
Reply 335
Original post by Mr M
Depends on what you did. Anything from 3 to 6 marks?

Thanks, so just stating b=3, gets 3 marks?
Reply 336
I know this sounds like a silly question, but what are the chances of the exam board losing extra sheets?

As all of my question 8 (11 marks) was on there....
(edited 11 years ago)
for the polynomial question with f(x) and g(x), i got 2 values for B, 3 and -3.
i got exactly the same answers as you though, would i lose marks for this?
Original post by J-science
Thanks, so just stating b=3, gets 3 marks?

I presume you got this from somewhere rather than just by guessing?
Original post by Kavzaz
I know this sounds like a silly question, but what are the chances of the exam board losing extra sheets?

As all of my question 8 (11 marks) was on there....

About the same chance of them losing your paper. Close to zero.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending