The Student Room Group

Radiography Uniform

Just a question about the uniform for radiography.
As I am used to wearing Abaya’s , is there an alternative I could wear instead of the tunic and the trousers… like could I wear a dress which is suitable for radiography… I have been searching everywhere but not very clear answers came up..
Original post by username6309825
As I am used to wearing Abaya’s , is there an alternative I could wear instead of the tunic and the trousers… like could I wear a dress which is suitable for radiography… I have been searching everywhere but not very clear answers came up..

Hey! :smile:

Our guidelines are below but it's worth checking with your preferred University/NHS trust as it may differ.

If you require an alternative to your agreed uniform allocation for medical or religious reasons, please speak to your Personal Academic Tutor, who will then liaise with the Uniform Team.

Hope this helps a little!

- LT
Hi thank you so much for your reply…
So I gather from your input that I will just have to speak to the staff associated with the course and the uniform and explain why I would prefer a different style of uniform which would be suitable…
As I have not yet applied to university (my entry 2024) should I contact the university’s once the application process is over and they contact me with the offers? Or is that something I can ask now?

Many thanks in advance 😄🙌🏼
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by UnknownHijabi7
So I gather from your input that I will just have to speak to the staff associated with the course and the uniform and explain why I would prefer a different style of uniform which would be suitable…
As I have not yet applied to university (my entry 2024) should I contact the university’s once the application process is over and they contact me with the offers? Or is that something I can ask now?

It is something you can ask unis at open days and offer holder days, but also once you have been made an offer. Once you graduate and apply for jobs in other locations, you would need to ask the NHS trust you are applying to.

This is definitely something you can ask now, each University may differ so it's worth checking this before you apply and go through the interview process as well.

If you need any help with applying or some videos to help explain you can check out this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7358268

We also have a top tips video just for health applicants which will help give you a head start on interview prep! :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FayFHmyDNag&t=1s&ab_channel=CanterburyChristChurchUniversity

Thanks,

- LT
Thank you so so much for your replys! @CCCUOfficial and @normaw
They have really helped me!
I will definitely check out the interview tips aswell!

Thanks again✨🙌🏼
Thank you so so much for your replys! @CCCUOfficial and @normaw
They have really helped me!
I will definitely check out the interview tips aswell!

Thanks again✨🙌🏼

here anytime you need us!

best of luck with your application and studies! :smartass:

- LT
Original post by CCCUOfficial
here anytime you need us!

best of luck with your application and studies! :smartass:

- LT

Thank you so much!
I really appreciate your kind words🙌🏼✨
Original post by username6309825

Hi, I was actually in the same situation because I wear abayas and jilbab but i found out you can wear a scrub skirt for religious reasons in the NHS, I've worked in the NHS before starting my course this year and many wear dress or some wear long skirts instead so perhaps on placement they would be permitted since the NHS allow it and the uniform uni provides is essentially just the tunic and regular black trousers, but ofc try to find our with the uni too but inshallah it should be fine.

I've also read some allow a slightly longer tunic so that would also help. Also if you're concerned about the bare below elbows policy there's actually reusable sleeves called GIPskins that you can wear that are NHS approved and are allowed to be worn in clinical areas and with direct patient contact as they can be washed and wiped after each patient compared to wearing a long sleeve t-shirt under since you'd often be asked to roll your sleeves up. I'm starting my Diagnostic Radiography course this year so all the best for you in 2024 you'll be great!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending