The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology G541 23rd May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm resitting for the first time, got a B in January and wasn't too happy with it... kinda had the attitude of "it's just a module" and didn't really revise as I thought it was quite easy... However, haven't actually revised this time either. Oh well, fingers crossed. At the end of the day, G542 is on Tuesday and that's the bigger percentage :smile:
Reply 41
Meh, G541 doesn't seem that hard I just blazed through mark schemes and it just seems you need to know the 4 methods and there S/W, then for the 10 markers on describe and evaulate you need to For 10 marks - Detailed description of a way to measure driving skill that would allow replication and clear, detailed evaluation with reference to two or more appropriate evaluation issues in context. Taken from the mark scheme :smile:
Reply 42
Can someone break down a 10 mark question.
I find it overwhelming seeing the big gap, and the 10 marks allocated to it, and the questions seem too brief for me.
Reply 43
Original post by Nas.
Can someone break down a 10 mark question.
I find it overwhelming seeing the big gap, and the 10 marks allocated to it, and the questions seem too brief for me.

I need help on this also, this is what threw me off in Jan and I got a C as a result of it! Everything else i'm okay with i just hate the 10 markers and hate reliability and validity questions -.-
Reply 44
FOr describe and evaluate its simply, 5 marks on the description, as stated above come up with a method which can be repeated and then 5 marks on detailed evaluation using pec = point, evidence, comment.

For validity and reliability it says Clear evaluation of both reliability and validity in context. I personally would pec 4 points :smile:
Reply 45
How did everyone find it?
Did anyone else screw up on the last question like I did and get repeated measures and independent design the wrong way around? I can't stop beating myself up for that, that's 10 marks lost. At least the 10 marker was nice :smile:
Reply 46
What did everyone write for the 10 marker?!
Original post by ke95

I wrote to do a self report and then i described questions involved and how it would be carried out. To evaluate i put how quantified data provides analysis and qualitative data provides thoughts and feelings but is hard to interpret. I also put demand characteristics and social desirability may affect the results.

What about you
Pretty solid exam - shouldn't be too problematic to get the high marks. Felt pressured for time but got it all completed at the end.

What did people write for the strengths/weaknesses for the sample of Psychology students? I wrote Oppurtunity Sample being easy to collect data for researchers... is this wrong?
Reply 49
I dunno if you're allowed to discuss stuff now.
Anyway, finally this exam is out of the way, got 6 days to revise for the Core Studies one which is worth more marks.
Reply 50
yeah, w're allowed to discuss it because it's an english exam board.

I look the same exam this morning. I thought it went ok, it wasn't brilliant. I knew everything, I'm just not sure I answered the questions in the way they wanted them.
How did you find it?
Reply 51
Original post by Bobby Greenberg III
Pretty solid exam - shouldn't be too problematic to get the high marks. Felt pressured for time but got it all completed at the end.

What did people write for the strengths/weaknesses for the sample of Psychology students? I wrote Oppurtunity Sample being easy to collect data for researchers... is this wrong?

I wrote that it would be easy and quick to college the data, and that the sample size was small so it wouldn't be representable and therefore hard to generalise.
Original post by Bobby Greenberg III

I wrote because the research was about personality and mobile phone use then teenagers are good as they use their phone to text a lot and for a weakness i put small sample size
Reply 53
For the AS psychology my strength was that it would ethical as the AS psychology students would have a knowledge of ethical guidelines and therefore would be able to make sure they were enforced, don't know if that would work.

For the 10 marker my method was a repeated measures design were they would spend 5 minutes in a room watching a non-violent scene then fill in a questionnaire and then 5 minutes in a different watching a violent then a questionnaire. Strength was that it allows researcher to see cause and effect as both conditions are done and the only thing changed is the iv we can clearly see if the IV has led to agression levels changing. Weakness just order effects :smile:

Altogether I felt it was a nice paper, easily an A without being cocky but to be honest it all comes down to the core studies paper :P
Reply 54
Compared to January, this was such a good paper! The 10 marker, for those who were asking, I put about them watching a violent clip, then playing a short game of football while the psychologist observed and coded behaviour as verbal or physical aggression. Then watching a non violent clip and continuing the game, again coding behaviour so it can be compared.
Plus, repeated measures is where the same group does both conditions right?!
Reply 55
Well not necessarily both but its when they do all the conditions as there can be more than two
Reply 56
I put that I would use a punch bag with a force meter in it :s hahah
Hi i wondering as to whether there will be an unoffical mark scheme for the paper we done today??
Reply 58
It doesn't really need one, does it?
Reply 59
Original post by ke95

I wrote that i would measure the pp's aggression by using a mechanical punchbag that are used in arcades and then measure their hormone levels for adrenaline and testosterone through a using test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending