Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

OCR AS Law: The English Legal System 24th May

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, is anyone else doing this exam?
    Which topics is everybody revising and how's revision going?

I'm finding that there's A LOT to learn, even though I'm not revising Funding, or pre-trial procedure in criminal cases, criminal appeals and criminal cases. I'm hoping that 8/12 sections will be enough but it'll just be my luck that they'll come up!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im doing this exam ive revised everything apart from judges, appeals and civil cases there really hard
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How have you revised, I haven't even started yet :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas.)
    How have you revised, I haven't even started yet :confused:
    Really the exams in 2 days! lol there are a lot of chapters to learn i just focused on the main ones eg police powers, sentencing, juries, mags, legal profession and bail
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've got like 3 exams this week- after the other. I've totally neglected law because of that stupid biology exam had yesterday.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I resat this in January and got an E! Doing this again now in 2 days and so nervous! I've made all my notes out again, but it doesn't seem to stick in my head. I'm about to start typing all the notes up to review it all again. Is it possible to memorise this all in 2 days? Ive been revising this for ages but keep forgetting the stuff.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ELS has literally no technique, sources of law had abit of technique from what I gathered. ELS is basically regurgitate knowledge onto the paper
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is struggling with revision, theres a website which has condensed all of AS and A2 law. It's helped me out loads with ELS revision cuz i didnt do too well in it in JAN but im pretty confident with it now! http://www.lawade.co.uk/Lawade.co.uk/Welcome.html check it out, might help!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    First time using this so sorry if I do something wrong
    Does anybody have any idea whatsoever on like what is likely to come up????????????? :eek::eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boqore)
    I've got like 3 exams this week- after the other. I've totally neglected law because of that stupid biology exam had yesterday.
    Exactly the same situation for me, haven't even looked at my law book yet, i'd struggle to revise for it because it's just all essays.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm leaving out Funding and Criminal courts! Revising everything else.
    I've typed up condensed notes for the topics if anyone wants me to send them a topic, feel free to ask
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuriousSmiles)
    I'm leaving out Funding and Criminal courts! Revising everything else.
    I've typed up condensed notes for the topics if anyone wants me to send them a topic, feel free to ask
    I wouldn't mind some Judiciary and Legal Profession notes if don't mind, I'm still struggling to work out what is necessary and what isn't!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meganxxxx)
    First time using this so sorry if I do something wrong
    Does anybody have any idea whatsoever on like what is likely to come up????????????? :eek::eek:
    I think Magistrates are going to come up, because I looked at some past papers and they haven't come up for ages but that's just what I think! Police powers seem to come up all the time, as does sentencing (which I dislike!)...

What's everyone revising for civil courts? Track system/appeals/disadvantages?

Exam's tomorrow guys (:O) and I have statistics in the morning and French on Friday, panicking slightly!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is no one on the WJEC? x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've revised PP, Sentencing, Crim courts, Legal proff and Lay Magistrates/Juries
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has any specific questions, I might be able to help. I got one mark less than an A* in OCR A-level Law, and a first in degree-level ELS.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cannot be bothered with this exam
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any gooooood predictions?????????? personally think magistrates will come up as its always between juries and magistrates and in the january 2012 paper juries came up, how many topics can i drop and not revise at all but still be able to answer four questions in the exam?????? Leaving out funding what else is unlikellyyyy?? Panic mode someone helppp!!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanj Susarla)
    If anyone is struggling with revision, theres a website which has condensed all of AS and A2 law. It's helped me out loads with ELS revision cuz i didnt do too well in it in JAN but im pretty confident with it now! http://www.lawade.co.uk/Lawade.co.uk/Welcome.html check it out, might help!
    This website is amazing thanks a million!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    If anyone has any specific questions, I might be able to help. I got one mark less than an A* in OCR A-level Law, and a first in degree-level ELS.
    Hey i have a question if the question in the exam asks for discuss the adv and dis of say the training of barristers should we do 3 points for and then 3 points against or should we do 3 points with the adv and dis combined into one point??

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 17, 2013
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.