The Student Room Group

Higher History Predictions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I am. I'm looking at the civil war, 1905 revolution and pillars of autocracy.

Okay. I am looking at Tsar's hold on to power before 1905, reasons for the 1905 revolution, his rule between 1905 and 1914 and the causes of the 1917 revolution
Reply 81
I know Liberal Motives and Liberal Reforms, Labour reforms and Democracy for Britain, and for Germany I know Failure of Unification and How Germany achieved unification. No Nazis though.

If anyone could give me some Nazi rise to power notes, that'd be great!
Guys

i've did Bisman + Nazi's in power - gonna skim over rise just incase
also did for Britain woman and Liberals why. will that be okay?
I know Liberal Motives, Labour and How democratic but for Germany I only know Obstacles to Nationalism and Growth of Nationalism - Will I be ok with that? I really don't understand Germany. Also, If anyone has quotes for a germany essay can you tell me them please, that would be amazing!
Original post by LovePeaceChocolate
I know Liberal Motives, Labour and How democratic but for Germany I only know Obstacles to Nationalism and Growth of Nationalism - Will I be ok with that? I really don't understand Germany. Also, If anyone has quotes for a germany essay can you tell me them please, that would be amazing!

I would skim your Nazi stuff, you need to have 4 essays to be guaranteed one and they could totally miss out nationalism and have a Bismarck and 2 Nazis :smile:
Reply 85
This is a stupid question but see if for example issues 123 came up for britain does that mean 123 of America has to come up aswell, like is it the same issue numbers for each topic ?
Reply 86
Original post by EmmaM3399
This is a stupid question but see if for example issues 123 came up for britain does that mean 123 of America has to come up aswell, like is it the same issue numbers for each topic ?

Yeah :smile:
Liberals and labour cramming it is then. Good luck everyone!
Reply 88
Does everyone think Labout is likely to turn up in the exam ? As liberals has been in the past 2 years
Reply 89
This might sound like a stupid question, but could someone please explain to me how an issue corresponds to a number? I’ve been reading that issues 1, 3 and 5 came up last year. So that meant the more democratic, women's votes and civil rights questions came up. How does this all work?!
Reply 90
Original post by LiveToSki
Okay. I am looking at Tsar's hold on to power before 1905, reasons for the 1905 revolution, his rule between 1905 and 1914 and the causes of the 1917 revolution

please oh please let pillars of autocracy/hold on power come up.
Reply 91
Someone tell me if they think this is risky..

I have studied these and only these really well
Britain:
Why were the Liberal Reforms introduced?
How effective were the Liberal Reforms?
How effective were the Labour Reforms?

Russia:
Pillars of autocracy/securite of Tsar/Tsarist state before 1905
Causes of the 1905 Russian Revolution?
Tsars hold on to power between 1905-1914?
Reasons for the 1917 revolution

Also, in terms of quotes... i think you are just supposed to analyse and be aware of other views on the issue (i.e many regard the NHS as the greatest Labour success) rather than putting in needless historians views that kind of detract from what you are trying to do
Reply 92
* Also, i cannot remember if i have asked this before but could two of the questions ever be on the same topic

i.e. could it ever be:

1. Reasons for democracy
2. How effective was democracy
3. How successful were the Labour reforms?

or

1. reasons for liberal reforms
2. how successful were liberal reforms?
3. question on suffragettes
Reply 93
Someone tell me if they think this is risky..

I have studied these and only these really well
Britain:
Why were the Liberal Reforms introduced?
How effective were the Liberal Reforms?
How effective were the Labour Reforms?

I can't help you with Russia since I'm doing Germany although I wouldn't say you're Britain is risky, but if a Liberals or Labour question doesn't appear, you are doomed. I wouldn't have bothered with how effective the Liberal reforms were as it's more like to be reasons for them being introduced or an essay on Labour reforms. Like I said before, I gave up on democracy and decided to use women as a backup along with issues 4 and 6.
Reply 94
* Also, i cannot remember if i have asked this before but could two of the questions ever be on the same topic

i.e. could it ever be:

1. Reasons for democracy
2. How effective was democracy
3. How successful were the Labour reforms?

or

1. reasons for liberal reforms
2. how successful were liberal reforms?
3. question on suffragettes

This used to happen when 4 questions were asked. Therefore that's why learning only Liberals and Labour content is risky as 2 democracy questions might come. However I doubt 2 questions on the same topic will come up, although it's worth going over stuff from another topic to be on the safe side.
Reply 95
I can't help you with Russia since I'm doing Germany although I wouldn't say you're Britain is risky, but if a Liberals or Labour question doesn't appear, you are doomed.

That's what i am confused about though.. if both the liberals and labour don't come up then there is only democracy and women left

would they do 2 on democracy and one on women? is that allowed?

* just read you previous post.. okay
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 96
I just read someone on another forum claim that 1 of the 2 Nazi essays will definitely always come up. Is that likely to be true?

i hope it is because the prospect of 3 essay questions all on German Unification and Nationalism did seem unlikely to me.

As a result of that it would mean that either Labour reforms or issue 5(whatever it was about Liberals) would come up in the British section.
Reply 97
Original post by Jimmy1994
I just read someone on another forum claim that 1 of the 2 Nazi essays will definitely always come up. Is that likely to be true?

i hope it is because the prospect of 3 essay questions all on German Unification and Nationalism did seem unlikely to me.

As a result of that it would mean that either Labour reforms or issue 5(whatever it was about Liberals) would come up in the British section.

Hi, I'm pretty certain one of the Nazi questions have to come up. I've only been taught the Nazi section of Germany so if one doesn't come up I seriously don't know what I'll do.

Plus they have to have questions that cover the whole syllabus of the course because all schools do all different topics. So I'm pretty certain at least one Nazi essay will come up.
Reply 98
Don't mean to sound rude, but don't you think you guys might be over-analyzing the exam a little bit?
The SQA aren't the most predictable bunch, so revising topics purely based on calculated guesses may not be so helpful.
Personally i think its better to study each topic equally and then you are guaranteed an average to above average mark on each section putting you on a high B or A. Whereas with revising only some topics your playing a risky game.
But what do i know, i have hardly revised at all and i cant change that now xD
Reply 99
Original post by Shaith
Don't mean to sound rude, but don't you think you guys might be over-analyzing the exam a little bit?
The SQA aren't the most predictable bunch, so revising topics purely based on calculated guesses may not be so helpful.
Personally i think its better to study each topic equally and then you are guaranteed an average to above average mark on each section putting you on a high B or A. Whereas with revising only some topics your playing a risky game.
But what do i know, i have hardly revised at all and i cant change that now xD

You have a good point I guess, but it's more about time saving as well as no one really wants to revise absolutely everything - not everything is going to appear and, for example democracy, everyone seems to hate it so you may as well revise absolutely everything other than that, because they are only going to ask one question on that maximum. It's more efficient to study something you know more about in depth, rather than study everything to a lesser extent. That way you're more likely to get a better mark if you know for a fact you're not going to answer an essay on it in the exam.
I've hardly revised either, I'm revising as we speak and will be until the early hours! Good luck for tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending