The Student Room Group

Int 2 maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by freedom123
for the simultaneous equation i got that they were overcharged £10. Child = 299 & Adult = 425!

Wait i got they were undercharged by £10 did i read my calculator wrong cause i got the adult and child bit the same as yous?
Reply 101
For the length of the arc question.. Was it just: angle/360 x curcumference (was 40 or something) ??????/

Also i believe it wasnt that, although i did make the same mistake as you but i think you were meant to work out the diameter by rearranging the circumference formula.
Reply 102
What was the answer to the surds question??

I got 2, since it was (square rt)2*3 + (square rt)2*2 - (square rt)6

= (square rt)6 + (square rt)4 - (square rt)6

= the +6 and -6 cancel each other out, and the square root of 4 = 2, so the answer you're left with is 2. :smile:
Reply 103
Original post by hootman
Also i believe it wasnt that, although i did make the same mistake as you but i think you were meant to work out the diameter by rearranging the circumference formula.

The formula for the length of an arc is (x/360)*pi*D. In this formula the pi*D is to find the circumference. So you could replace the pi*D with the circumference and get the same answer.

eg. to find the diameter = circumference/pi, since pi*D = circumference... so you could do it either way.
Reply 104
Original post by cheesejug

= the +6 and -6 cancel each other out, and the square root of 4 = 2, so the answer you're left with is 2. :smile:

Would I get the marks if I did the working out and wrote the answer as square root 4?
Reply 105
1. £1,157,818,887,139 Round this figure to four significant figures. (1)

2. Mark - 5,6,7,8,9,10
Freq. - 2,5,6,11,9,2
a)Copy & addd cum. freq. column (1)
b)Find i) median ii) Lower Quartile iii) upper quartile (3)
c)Draw a boxplot to illustrate this data. (2)

3. The straight line with the equation 4x + 3y = 36 cuts the y-axis at A.
a)Find coordinates of A (1)
This line meets the line through B (0,8), parallel to the x-axis, at C as shown above
b)find the coordinates of C. (2)

4. Circle question so couldn't put it on!!

5. One weekend, the attendances at 5 premier league football matches were recorded.
The mean attendance is 10300
a)Calculate the mean attendance (1)
b)Which on the two averages - the mean or the median - is more representative of the data?
You must explain your answer. (1)

6 & 7 both use diagrams!

a)Factorise a(squared) + 2ab + b(squared) (1)
b)Hence, or otherwise, find the value of
94(squared) + 2 x 94 x 6 + 6(squared) (2)

9. Sketch the graph of y=-2sinx (3)

10. Simplify 2(3+2)-6 (all numbers have square root signs!) (2)

Hope this is okay!

:smile:
Reply 106

For this question i got like the root2 (root3) to = 6 then the root2xroot2 is obviously two so i put 8-root6 im guessing i got it completely wrong? :L
Reply 107
It was 37.. as it came to 36.86 so it was 37, and i just double checked! Sorry if i panick yous guys!

Haha its fine, i used 36.9 but i just put 36 because someone up there put it :smile:
Original post by hootman

No, you dont need the diameter to work out the length. It was 2 marks, 1 fo subsituting it into a formula and 1 for the correct answer!
The formula for the length of an arc is (x/360)*pi*D. In this formula the pi*D is to find the circumference. So you could replace the pi*D with the circumference and get the same answer.

eg. to find the diameter = circumference/pi, since pi*D = circumference... so you could do it either way.

So.. I done angle/360 * the circumference that was give, was this correct?
Reply 110
No, you dont need the diameter to work out the length. It was 2 marks, 1 fo subsituting it into a formula and 1 for the correct answer!

So do you think i will get a mark maybe for putting

angle/360 x pie x circum?

or will i not get it cause i added pie?
Original post by Tribute Lauren
I brought the papers out of the exam with me so im going to work at them. God, I looked at paper 1 and actually had a year rolling down my face at one point because of the frustration. Paper 2 was much easier. Cannot believe it! 3 exams to go, higher human bio, higher history and int 2 Spanish. Cannot wait until they're over!!

Any chance you could do a neat scan of the pages and put them up so that all can see the questions - or someone please up the papers!
Original post by hootman
So do you think i will get a mark maybe for putting

angle/360 x pie x circum?

or will i not get it cause i added pie?

No pie isnt needed!
Reply 113
Original post by SQA
Would I get the marks if I did the working out and wrote the answer as square root 4?

I think you'd lose one mark because it asks for it in its simplest form, which is 2. You'd get all other marks though I think :smile:
I think you'd lose one mark because it asks for it in its simplest form, which is 2. You'd get all other marks though I think :smile:

I put root 4, then i thought it simplified to 2 root 2 lol! ooops
Reply 115

AHH WHAT. I lost an easy mark? A mark! You know how much is a mark worth! :mad:

Lol jk, alright thanks :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sophiemcbarron
I did something weird I found 15% of 100 then 15% of 75 and so on! anyone else do this?
Oh god I can't even remember! what did everyone get for their change the subject question?

Yes thats exactly what i did! (for the Global Warming question) Except i found 15% of 1000, wonder if they'll give us any marks for it :s haha

Paper one was a complete fail though, lost at least 10 marks in it. Also what did everyone get for the Yacht and the Canoe question (find the height of the cliff) i got 75 something metres, it was sooo hard!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by amber49586
Yes thats exactly what i did! Except i found 15% of 1000, wonder if they'll give us any marks for it :s haha

Paper one was a complete fail though, lost at least 10 marks in it. Also what did everyone get for the Yacht and the Canoe question (find the height of the cliff) i got 75 something metres, it was sooo hard!!

I got 75 metres! Did you use sine rule twice?? :smile: I thought it was ok, was in a previous past paper something similar so i knew what to do!
I got 75 metres! Did you use sine rule twice?? :smile: I thought it was ok, was in a previous past paper something similar so i knew what to do!

Yes I did! I used it twice, was getting negative answers at first so i thought it was wrong, then realised i'd not closed the bracket on the calculator haha, then i got 75 (: but yes thats a relief! My friend got 100 and something, so i thought i was wrong ha.
Original post by amber49586
Yes I did! I used it twice, was getting negative answers at first so i thought it was wrong, then realised i'd not closed the bracket on the calculator haha, then i got 75 (: but yes thats a relief! My friend got 100 and something, so i thought i was wrong ha.

Aww thats good! Im pretty sure its correct, i seen someone else get it aswell lol!! :biggrin:. I am so nervous, i need a B and paper 1 was so hard :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending