The Student Room Group

OCR 21st GCSE Physics P7 - Ideas in Context revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Thankyou so much Freddy Francis, So very very much. We havent even gotten any revision materials from our teacher, nothing, zilch.

You may have just saved my life :biggrin:
Reply 41
See if this helps you all too - http://www.myphysics.org.uk/ks4.htm
I've made questions and answers; hundreds of people downloaded my questions last year - pleased to say I predicted just about all the questions in the real exam.
Hope this helps.
Original post by Konflict
(2008 - Pre-release includes 14 possible marks)
(2009 - Pre-release includes 15 possible marks)
(2010 - Pre-release includes 15 possible marks)
(2011 - Pre-release includes 14 possible marks)

The mark schemes for the 2008 and 2009 past papers show that you require 42 (2008) and 36 (2009) for A*'s. The 2010 and 2011 mark schemes do not included grade boundaries. What would you think would be the grade boundaries for the 2010 and 2011 papers? (remembering to exclude the pre-release material questions.)

well in 2011 one you need 34 for an A*.
Here is the link : http://pdf.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_60649_admin_unit_level_raw_mark_grade_boundaries0611.pdf?
Original post by Auror_Phoenix
Thankyou so much Freddy Francis, So very very much. We havent even gotten any revision materials from our teacher, nothing, zilch.

You may have just saved my life :biggrin:

My pleasure buddy xD
Reply 44
Original post by allydavies
See if this helps you all too - http://www.myphysics.org.uk/ks4.htm
I've made questions and answers; hundreds of people downloaded my questions last year - pleased to say I predicted just about all the questions in the real exam.
Hope this helps.

Thankyou so much, you are a life saver!! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by izzyd16
Thankyou so much, you are a life saver!! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Check out my revision cards on the 1st page. It may help too xD
Reply 46
Original post by Freddy-Francis
Check out my revision cards on the 1st page. It may help too xD

Ah didn't see them, thankyou!! :smile:
:wink:
Original post by izzyd16
Ah didn't see them, thankyou!! :smile:

Dont forget to Rep me :wink:
Reply 49
These are more files which might be helpful for the pre-release. If it asks for password press read only.

Great thanks. Does anyone have the answers to the word document questions?
Original post by kaquash
Great thanks. Does anyone have the answers to the word document questions?

Check out the powerpoint. It has most of the answers to it. You just have to word it yourself. :colondollar:
I just did all the past papers, without the pre-release. Got A's in all. Man i am not getting A*'s :'(
I am going to start revision again...
I just did all the past papers, without the pre-release. Got A's in all. Man i am not getting A*'s :'(
I am going to start revision again...

P7's a pain up the ass. I've got English language the day before :mad: Shoot me now and put me out of my misery!
Reply 53
Check out the powerpoint. It has most of the answers to it. You just have to word it yourself. :colondollar:

Thanks for the reply, I've looked through all the powerpoints and theses are the questions I am still unsure of. Please could someone answer them:

3. Where else could this iridium come from?
4. How are sedimentary rocks formed?
9. What would need to happen for one hypothesis to become a more accepted theory about the extinction?#
12. Why is there so much uncertainty about what happened to the dinosaurs?
13. Would the Earth cool?
15. The probability of different sized asteroids hitting the Earth?

Thanks in advance
Original post by kaquash
Thanks for the reply, I've looked through all the powerpoints and theses are the questions I am still unsure of. Please could someone answer them:

3. Where else could this iridium come from?
4. How are sedimentary rocks formed?
9. What would need to happen for one hypothesis to become a more accepted theory about the extinction?#
12. Why is there so much uncertainty about what happened to the dinosaurs?
13. Would the Earth cool?
15. The probability of different sized asteroids hitting the Earth?

Thanks in advance

I answered your questions from my own research

3- Iridium is found in the Earth's crust and in meteorites. Iridium is more abundant in meteorites.

4-For thousands, even millions of years, little pieces of our earth have been eroded--broken down and worn away
by wind and water. These little bits of our earth are washed downstream where they settle to the bottom of the rivers, lakes, and oceans. Layer after layer of eroded earth is deposited on top of each. These layers are pressed down more and more through time, until the bottom layers slowly turn into rock.
what has everyone got before in there module? P7 is too hard! no A* :frown:
Original post by yugiohtheawesome
P7's a pain up the ass. I've got English language the day before :mad: Shoot me now and put me out of my misery!

i thought everyone finished eng lang in jan? are you in yr.11? and good luck, wow ifeel for yah!
Original post by dann1hot4life
i thought everyone finished eng lang in jan? are you in yr.11? and good luck, wow ifeel for yah!

I'm in Year 11, and I have the exam too! It's up to your school as to whether you take the January exam in year 11, or the summer one in year 10 or 11...

I have English Language tomorrow AM, Graphics tomorrow PM, and then Physics on Wednesday... I'm currently going crazy! These are my 3 worst subjects exam-wise, all together!!
Reply 58
Original post by yugiohtheawesome

Ive got language too :'(
Reply 59
I answered your questions from my own research

3- Iridium is found in the Earth's crust and in meteorites. Iridium is more abundant in meteorites.

4-For thousands, even millions of years, little pieces of our earth have been eroded--broken down and worn away
by wind and water. These little bits of our earth are washed downstream where they settle to the bottom of the rivers, lakes, and oceans. Layer after layer of eroded earth is deposited on top of each. These layers are pressed down more and more through time, until the bottom layers slowly turn into rock.

Thank you very much for these :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending