The Student Room Group

OCR Decision 1 - 24 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nathdragon5
q1: Can't remember xD
2) wasn't this drawing the graphs or something?
3)The teacher wanted to set up classes? Draw the network, find a matching with no two joined in one day.. and the last bit was another student joins, why can't it be done any more.
4)Simplex?
5)Some girl who was shopping. First bit was on the route inspection (ie finding the minimum length that covers all arcs). Then we used nearest neighbour from M. Then it was the minimum length without W I think, then the minimum weight with W.
6) This was the one with the flow chart. We had to input x=0, then x=1, then x=-1 and then comment on why it was rubbish :P

I'm pretty sure that's correct, or near to it

Q1) Draw Planar graph
49 weight, route AEF (I think)
1200 seconds

Question 5) 1420

660 (Nearest neighbour)
400-500 region (cant remember exactly)
(edited 11 years ago)
That was an awful papperrrr!! resit in january i think!
Reply 42
Was completely clueless on that class sessions one, anyone get it?
Original post by travellingsalesman
hey nathan, :wink: from barney lol

Ooh dear barney, you absolute troll, get outta here xD how was it?
Reply 44
Ooh yeah, shall I put down my answers so far?

Yeah, go for it.
Wait, which question was the linear programming, was that 3?
Original post by nffc-b
Was completely clueless on that class sessions one, anyone get it?

I cant remember my answer, but I started with C1, then the nodes joined to C1 had to be in the other session. Then the nodes joined to those nodes had to be in teh session with C1....

It worked out in the end i think :s-smilie:
Reply 47
Wait, which question was the linear programming, was that 3?

I dunno, maybe 4, because,

1) Dikstras
2)Graph rubbish
3) Classes
4) turing over the page...... Linear programming
5) Simplex...

i Think its like this.
Question 1 involved joining up places with arcs, then using Dijkstra's algorithm to work out the shortest length from A to F. Shortest length was 49, and went AEF. A to E was 18, E to F was 31.
Last part was 1200 seconds but it asked for it in minutes so 20 minutes.

In question two it was graphs. The first part was 5 vertices, 5 arcs and it had to be Eulerian. Just join each vertex to the one next to it to form a pentagon shape.
Part two was 5 arcs, 5 vertices, and you had to form a semi-Eulerian graph with one order-4 vertex. Connect one vertex to all of the others, and then join two of the order 1 vertices together.
Part three was 5 arcs, 5 vertices, sem-Eulerian, none of which were order 4. Begin to form a pentagon shape leaving off just one side so you have two order 1 vertices and three order 2 vertices. Then connect an arc between one of the order 1 vertices to one of the order 2 vertices.

In question three, the first part just involved connecting all of the subjects that were chosen by the same students, eg if student one wanted to do C1 and D1, connect those two vertices.
Part two was work out a way it can be done in two sessions. Pick a subject (eg C1), look at the vertices it is connected to. The ones it is connected two must be in a different session to it for all the students to be able to go to their desired lessons. Continue this until you have 5 in session 1 and 5 in session 2 (I can't remember which the five were off the top of my head). There may have been ways to do it with 4 and 6 or 3 and 7 per session but I doubt it.
Part three asked why more sessions would be required if someone wanted to do D1 and M1. D1 and M1 should have been in the same session in your previous answer, so the student would be unable to attend both if there were only two sessions.
Question 4, the simplex, without the equation I can't really do. All I remember of it is S was equal to 2, T was 0 and U was 0.
There was a linear programming question, can't remember all of the coordinates but the optimum P was at the point where the coordinates were (4/3, 8/3). The next part asked for the integer values which were (2, 2)
Question 5 I can't remember at all with the girl what my weights were :/
And for the algorithm, if you can remember the algorithm I'll post the answers, I think it was X^3 + AX^2 + BX + C where A was -4, B was 5 and C was 1?
Reply 49
Original post by Alex Newton
Q1) Draw Planar graph
49 weight, route AEF (I think)
1200 seconds

Question 5) 1420

660 (Nearest neighbour)
400-500 region (cant remember exactly)

Are you sure about 660 ( Nearest Nighbour) ?????
Reply 50
Original post by 88888

Yeah, i dont recall 660, either, i think i put down 600, but I could have done it wrong.
Okay, so here's the startings of it:

Q1) Draw the network. Length from A to F maybe? and yeah, again, 49 sounds right :smile:
It is quadratic order. Given that it takes 3 seconds(?) to do 200 places, how long will it take to do 400(?) places. Can't remember what I wrote tbh :P Apparently 1200 seconds, which rings a bell
Q2) Draw an eulerian network with 5 nodes and 5 vertices, which is simple and connected
then draw a semi-eulerian with 5 nodes, 5 vertices, 1 with order 4, simple and connected
draw another semi-eulerian with 5 nodes, 5 vertices, no order 4 and simple and connected.
3)If this is the linear programming: you had to work out the equations of the line, I got y=2x, y=1/3x, y=4-x and y=-1.5x+3.... then you had to find the optimum P, which I got as 12, and then you had to find the optimum p with integer values of x and y, which I got was 7, it was max because it was a vertice...
Teacher question: Draw the graph and i failed on the next bit so....
Simplex gave me something that I don't remember but the slack variables I said was the difference between each equation and the total. slack 1 (s) was 2, the others were 0. I said that the others equalled their total, but that this one equalled 10.
5) The shortest path I got was 1440 or around there. Then nearest neighbour was 660 and then the shortest was.... no idea :P it was definitely less than 660 xD
6) If this is the flow chart, I got -1/5 for part 1, then it does the same again, then for part 3 i got -15/16 but i might be wrong.... the last part I had no idea, I think I put that it takes a long time and that the -1 and +1 values got different answers :L

please improve on that xD
Original post by 88888

Im pretty sure about the 660 its what others got at my school too
Original post by Lucozad
Yeah, i dont recall 660, either, i think i put down 600, but I could have done it wrong.

I remember 660 too, unfortunately :P
Reply 54
how many points, do you think, you had to answer in this paper to pass???? E grade
Reply 55
Original post by Alex Newton
Im pretty sure about the 660 its what others got at my school too

I remember either 500 or 540. But I think I was wrong...
Reply 56
Original post by kofanov
how many points, do you think, you had to answer in this paper to pass???? E grade

Random Guess of grade Boundaries

A - 52
B - 47
C - 42
D - 37
E - 32
Reply 57
I remember 660 too, unfortunately :P

How many marks is that one ??? Anyony remember??
:frown:
Reply 58
Fml
Original post by Lucozad
Random Guess of grade Boundaries

A - 52
B - 47
C - 42
D - 37
E - 32

I wonder what 100 UMS will be :P

Quick Reply