The Student Room Group

Going to veterinary medicine from biomedical science

Scroll to see replies

I am currently in my final year of biomedical sciences and applying to vet school!

Original post by sanshi23
Hi i'm actually having the same problem currently.
just wanted to know what you ended up doing 11 years later!
cheers
Reply 21
Original post by Phoenix_147
As Stef has already said you will have to fork out for the university fees regardless of whether you had a loan / didnt pay fees last time. There is no tuition fee funding for grads at all but you may be eligable for maintenance loans. However you wont even get these if you go to Kosice. You are also not eligable for the grants and bursaries with a second degree.
As far as independent loans go I think you would be very hard pushed to find any decent kind of money. There are no bank loans for students any more (with low interest) and no one really gets sponsored, at least reliably enough for an entire degree.
Graduate entry is incredibly hard and you are still at least 3 years away, by which time fees could have gone up and maintenence loans could have been scrapped. Is there no option to resit some of your highers this next year and then reapply as an undergrad?? As far as fees go this is a much more appealing route!!!
Or perhaps you are eligable for the gateway courses?
Hi, does gateway apply to Grad BVet entry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending