The Student Room Group

firmed nottingham April cohort, any advice?

I've firmed Nottingham vet med for the april cohort and I should be starting there (should I hopefully achieve ABB). Does anyone else seeing this plan to go to notts?

Also if there are any current April students, how are you finding it and are there any major differences between the cohorts?
If anyone does know, when should we start applying for accommodation?
Original post by biologylover5
I've firmed Nottingham vet med for the april cohort and I should be starting there (should I hopefully achieve ABB). Does anyone else seeing this plan to go to notts?
Also if there are any current April students, how are you finding it and are there any major differences between the cohorts?

I have put it as a firm for april cohort as well. Now I am looking all over tsr to try build a picture of how living there will be like

Hi! Current 4th year April vet student! I absolutely love it. The course itself is brilliant. Its super practical- ultrasounds and clinical exams from day one. The campus is beautiful and i love being able to experience it in summer as we have an arboretum plenty of lovely walks and its nice to work outside sat by the fountains (that is where i currently am!). The one big downside that i notice in terms of teaching is that to accommodate 2 cohorts they have squashed the course a little bit. This is felt more in 3rd and 4th year i believe. Because of this they are taking on lots of student feedback as they are still tweaking the course. By the time you arrive and get to some of these more condensed modules they should be sorted and improved. Im in the 2nd cohort so we are still getting some of the kinks.

Other than that there's no difference between the teaching both cohorts get the same. The main difference is student experience. There is some time where we are on campus with September students but for most of the time we are not. This means that the campus can be quite quiet. There are still plenty of parties, events and societies and people still go into Nottingham but the hustle and bustle of campus life can be missed and april freshers isn't as big as the September one but you can join september freshers to get that experience.

The main difficulty now that there is two cohorts is accommodation. The local villages are at capacity for renters so people do have to go a little bit further than they previously did and you do have to look really early for accommodation (may/june) which is difficult especially when you are in 1st year trying to sort 2nd year accommodation. There is an accommodation team for support and you can stay on campus if needed.

I don't know if they've changed it but when i applied we got sent an accommodation form so i would say wait for that as we got it after results due to the gap between results and joining in April. I was a covid year so this may have impacted that.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

For April 2025, they'll be sending us a form (I think separate from the usual accommodation form) closer to the starting date :smile:
(edited 1 week ago)
Reply 5
Original post by CarpalToad
For April 2025, they'll be sending us a form (I think separate from the usual accommodation form) closer to the starting date :smile:

okay perfect thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending