The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine Graduate Entry 2024

Hi all,

I have just finished my application for UCAS for vet med graduate entry. I was wondering if anyone else is applying and how you are all getting along!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by luciashiner1
Hi all,

I have just finished my application for UCAS for vet med graduate entry. I was wondering if anyone else is applying and how you are all getting along!

Hi! I’m also applying for Graduate entry Vet med. I’ve applied to Bristol and have submitted the SAQ so just waiting to hear back now. What about you? How are your applications going?
Reply 2
Original post by RRID
Hi! I’m also applying for Graduate entry Vet med. I’ve applied to Bristol and have submitted the SAQ so just waiting to hear back now. What about you? How are your applications going?

I submitted my SAQ yesterday!
So happy to say I’ve finally finished with all my applications 😫
Reply 3
I submitted my SAQ yesterday!
So happy to say I’ve finally finished with all my applications 😫

Yeah it’s a massive relief to have them in 😁 good luck with your applications!
Reply 4
Hi everyone, I finished my applications today! Feeling so anxious about it, does anyone know how quickly the unis respond?
Reply 5
Original post by Cweaver24
Hi everyone, I finished my applications today! Feeling so anxious about it, does anyone know how quickly the unis respond?

I got an interview from Surrey last week! Ive heard Bristol respond december/Jan. rcv start sending out interviews on 15th November
Reply 6
I got an interview from Surrey last week! Ive heard Bristol respond december/Jan. rcv start sending out interviews on 15th November

That’s so helpful thank you! Congrats on your interview!
Me too! I’m very nervous - applied to nottingham, Bristol, edinburgh, RVC
Reply 8
I heard from Bristol this afternoon and I'm on hold for the Graduate Entry course, fingers crossed I get offered a place after they've looked at the other applications. I didn't meet the requirements for the 5 year course (missing Chem A level), so unfortunately got rejected for that one. Hopefully you guys will hear back from Bristol soon too 🙂
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by RRID
I heard from Bristol this afternoon and I'm on hold for the Graduate Entry course, fingers crossed I get offered a place after they've looked at the other applications. I didn't meet the requirements for the 5 year course (missing Chem A level), so unfortunately got rejected for that one. Hopefully you guys will hear back from Bristol soon too 🙂

I’ve also just received an email from Bristol to say that I’ve been put on hold. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long! Fingers crossed for you.
Reply 10
Original post by RRID

I heard from Bristol today too and I’m also on hold for the grad course too! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for us all :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by RRID

I just got put on hold too :/
I’m on hold for Bristol too. Good luck to us all 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
Reply 13
Hi guys, also a graduate entry candidate here, i applied for bristol, rvc, cambridge and surrey, for which i just got an offer yesterday!

Could you please tell me how long Bristol took between your application being sent off and responding? Also what does on hold mean? Did they explain it in regards to the score you might have got on the saq, or did they link it to existing qualifications? any replies appreciated!
Reply 14
Original post by orsif
Hi guys, also a graduate entry candidate here, i applied for bristol, rvc, cambridge and surrey, for which i just got an offer yesterday!

Could you please tell me how long Bristol took between your application being sent off and responding? Also what does on hold mean? Did they explain it in regards to the score you might have got on the saq, or did they link it to existing qualifications? any replies appreciated!

Hi! Congratulations on your offer!!! I sent my SAQ back to them on 13th of October and only heard from them yesterday (15th Nov).

On hold just means they’ve seen/looked at your application but they are going to review more applications before making a decision. Because it’s such an oversubscribed course they want to review most or all applications first so then it’s a fair decision. It’s a neutral thing so it’s not bad news ☺️ it’s just frustrating not knowing 😅also they don’t mention how you scored on the SAQ or how you compare just that you’re on hold and they’ll be in touch when they make a decision
Reply 15
Original post by RRID
Hi! Congratulations on your offer!!! I sent my SAQ back to them on 13th of October and only heard from them yesterday (15th Nov).

On hold just means they’ve seen/looked at your application but they are going to review more applications before making a decision. Because it’s such an oversubscribed course they want to review most or all applications first so then it’s a fair decision. It’s a neutral thing so it’s not bad news ☺️ it’s just frustrating not knowing 😅also they don’t mention how you scored on the SAQ or how you compare just that you’re on hold and they’ll be in touch when they make a decision

i see, thanks for the info! fingers crossed for everyone on hold! 🙂 I only managed to submit 2 days before the deadline, so I reckon I won't hear for another month or so then...
Reply 16
Original post by RRID

Have you heard back yet?
Reply 17
Original post by MelJess
Have you heard back yet?

I heard back that I'm now on hold, so still waiting to find out 🙂
I've also applied (undergrad) and I applied to Nottingham, Surrey, Bristol and Liverpool. So far the only uni I've heard back from is Liverpool where I've got an interview. Just wanted to know if anyone's had any correspondence with other unis or anything
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by manicured-mouse
I've also applied (undergrad) and I applied to Nottingham, Surrey, Bristol and Liverpool. So far the only uni I've heard back from is Liverpool where I've got an interview. Just wanted to know if anyone's had any correspondence with other unis or anything

Hi! I am also applying to Nottingham, Surrey and Bristol - I received an interview from Surrey but haven’t heard from nottingham and Bristol. Does anybody know when Nottingham gives out interviews, or if they already have?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending