The Student Room Group

RVC Gateway

Hi all I have applied for the gateway to veterinary med for RVC, anyone know what are the chances of being accepted after an interview in comparison to the standard 5 year course to vet med at RVC. Are there less/more places available?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My daughter has also applied for gateway at RVC, we've not been able to find acceptance rates but believe there is 50 spaces, I imagine it's highly competitive.
She's also applied to D100 & has an interview soon, we're assuming the 1 interview will cover both applications.
Reply 2
Original post by 06parent
My daughter has also applied for gateway at RVC, we've not been able to find acceptance rates but believe there is 50 spaces, I imagine it's highly competitive.
She's also applied to D100 & has an interview soon, we're assuming the 1 interview will cover both applications.

thanks for the response that gave me a better viewpoint of what it may look like! :smile:
Reply 3
At the interview they confirmed she won't have to be interviewed again but have said gateway offers won't go out until nearer to the deadline.
Has anyone heard back?
Reply 5
Original post by lilylovescats111
Has anyone heard back?

I have not yet heard back :/
Original post by weronika22_

I have not yet heard back :/

Me neither, I have applied to both the D100 and the gateway course at RVC, I did my interview at the start of December and haven’t heard since, the wait is killing me lol but I’m staying positive as the interview went okay ☺️
Reply 7
Me neither, I have applied to both the D100 and the gateway course at RVC, I did my interview at the start of December and haven’t heard since, the wait is killing me lol but I’m staying positive as the interview went okay ☺️

If it makes you feel better i havent heard anything, although gateway are only just giving out interviews (i only applied to gateway) Im guessing they are more likey to give you an offer for the D100 as there is only 50 spaces on the gateway, GOOD LUCK! :smile:

If it makes you feel better i havent heard anything, although gateway are only just giving out interviews (i only applied to gateway) Im guessing they are more likey to give you an offer for the D100 as there is only 50 spaces on the gateway, GOOD LUCK! :smile:

Best of luck! It’s such a shame there’s so few places, everyone I’ve met at the open day/ interview/ online has been so deserving of a place :smile:
Reply 9

apparently there’s 70 spaces, i think thats what the woman said
I’ve been rejected for the bvetmed course so I’m really praying for the gateway but feeling very defeated
Reply 11
I’ve been rejected for the bvetmed course so I’m really praying for the gateway but feeling very defeated
Rejections are incredibly tough but vet med is so competitive, it's not a reflection of your ability and certainly doesn't mean you wouldn't be a fantastic vet!
Mines had a rejection from Aber so is fully expecting the same from RVC is the coming week. Also waiting to hear from Gateway, hopefully it's not much longer now.
Best of luck
Rejections are incredibly tough but vet med is so competitive, it's not a reflection of your ability and certainly doesn't mean you wouldn't be a fantastic vet!
Mines had a rejection from Aber so is fully expecting the same from RVC is the coming week. Also waiting to hear from Gateway, hopefully it's not much longer now.
Best of luck

Thankyou for the kind words, best of luck! And yes I’m hoping we hear back soon, I was doing some research and in previous years they have given out the majority of the gateway offers just after March 20th
Thanks, will keep that date in mind. We were thinking end of March so about right.
Finally heard from RVC today & been put on the wait list so taking it as a rejection really as know the chances of now having a place are incredibly slim.

Fingers crossed for Gateway
Any updates?
Thanks, will keep that date in mind. We were thinking end of March so about right.
Finally heard from RVC today & been put on the wait list so taking it as a rejection really as know the chances of now having a place are incredibly slim.
Fingers crossed for Gateway
Yeah I was put on waitlist too. Fingers crossed!
Reply 16
Any updates?

I had an interview last week and they explicitly said responses should be from around mid March 🙂. I'd expect a response in the next 2-3 weeks!
Original post by ArjunR
I had an interview last week and they explicitly said responses should be from around mid March 🙂. I'd expect a response in the next 2-3 weeks!
I have just received an interview in the next week! not sure if they would be giving out offers after everyone is interviewed but does anyone have any tips e.g how the day is run/ any additional info?
I have just received an interview in the next week! not sure if they would be giving out offers after everyone is interviewed but does anyone have any tips e.g how the day is run/ any additional info?
I had my interview on the 16th February
The day is run as if it’s an open day which really calms your nerves. Your put into groups usually 3 (A B C ) for example then in each letter (1 2 3) and each group consists of about 6 ppl and each group has an rota for the order of the day for me it was the tour of Camden campus then mmi then group task + document check. It went by super quickly even the mmi says it’s 45 minutes and it felt like 15. The people are really friendly and really just want you to do your best so they will help you if you go off on a tangent! In the group task I’d recommend trying to break the ice between the people in your group because you will need to work together in the group task hence the title “group task” so it makes sense to get familiar with each other to some degree during the day. Hope I helped ! And good luck !
(edited 1 month ago)
I've seen there's interviews on March 19th so still hoping for news at the end of the month.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending