The Student Room Group

What's better AAAAB or AAAA?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RibenaRockstar
Closer to a third for PPE.

My point was that anything is still possible with a B on your transcript.

No, closer to a third for E&M, 45.9% for PPE check the Ox website
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Princessofhistory
i have similar worry two you as well. im wondering if my health and socail care dilpoma which is equivalence to 7 gcses and 4 a levels at grade b is as good as the real thing. im worreed for uni :frown:

This isn't serious, is it?
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Closer to a third for PPE.

My point was that anything is still possible with a B on your transcript.

Course statistics for 2011 entry
Intake: 248
Applications shortlisted for interview: 45.9%
Successful applications: 14.8%
Reply 103
I am so set on applying to Cambridge, but I just recieved my AS grades and got AAAAB. I want to apply for French and Spanish, and in French I got 98% and in Spanish I got 99% (100% in the speaking), then I got 85% in maths, 82% in Italian (which I did outside the timetable, doing the GCSE in a year last year, so getting to AS standard in only 2 years). This gives me an average of 94%, but the problem is that I only got 79% in English which I was so disappointed with as I thought I would get 85% plus, so obviously I am gutted. I was just wondering how much this will affect my chances for Cambridge, because even though I got a B in English, it was only by 2 UMS and I did really well in the subjects I want to apply for, and, according to Cambridge, they understand that students can have "bad days". Thanks very much for the advice :smile:

By the way I got 11 A*s at GCSE if it helps.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by fudgesundae
Well no you haven't. The achievement isn't getting 4 A grades. The achievement is getting A grades in every single A level you took.

A levels are not about how many you can 'collect'. With regards to the top universities, they would rather straight A grades. Otherwise you start wondering, why didn't they get an A in that extra A level. By your logic AAAACC or AAAAEE is better than AAAA.

If someone got an A in the ONE A level they took they would get in then?
Original post by Alex17595
If someone got an A in the ONE A level they took they would get in then?

Please read the whole thread before quoting me. I said countless times, that doing anything less than three is no good whatsoever.
Original post by hackashaq
when top universities look at applicants with a B at AS...

...then, assuming its not vital to the course, nothing bad happens because it's your 5th subject!
My contribution is this, I put AAAAB and didn't ge an interview for Oxford haha
Reply 108
People these days *insert facedesk emoction*
Reply 109
AAAAB. A good grade is a good grade and a B certainly isn't a bad grade.
Reply 110
Original post by hackashaq
I took 5 AS levels and I think I'm going to get AAAAB in them. Would I be at an advantage or a disadvantage if I was applying to top universities (e.g. LSE/UCL/Oxbridge) with AAAAB instead of AAAA if I only took four subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending