The Student Room Group

Maths Unit 2 Edexcel Modular- June 13th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MathsMind
Some practise paper's mark schemes are a bit dodgy, so you may be right, I have noticed that myself!

Yeah I agree,

Have you found any question that were a bit tricky.

I found the specimen paper very hard
Reply 21
Original post by MathsMind
Some practise paper's mark schemes are a bit dodgy, so you may be right, I have noticed that myself!

Just out of interest what did u get in unit 1
Reply 22
Has anyone got the markscheme for practise paper A if so I would really appreciate it.
Reply 23
I got 116 UMS in unit 1. Although I got an A* in that unit I am still cautious about unit 2. What do you think will be in it? I reckon decimal multiplying etc. as that's in all the practice papers and hasn't really come up in a real paper yet.
Reply 24
Original post by MADMAN1
I got 116 UMS in unit 1. Although I got an A* in that unit I am still cautious about unit 2. What do you think will be in it? I reckon decimal multiplying etc. as that's in all the practice papers and hasn't really come up in a real paper yet.

I got 114 UMS, I can gurantee the last question will be on circle theorem, its the one thing I struggle with!
Reply 25
Original post by MADMAN1

I reckon
Algebra
Fraction percentages ratio
Circle Theorem
Indices
Standform (Maybe)
Volume/area
Reply 26
Original post by dan18
I got 114 UMS, I can gurantee the last question will be on circle theorem, its the one thing I struggle with!

It might not be if I remember correctly march 2012 didn't have that as the last question.

(Getting Ready To Be Shot Down ;p)
Reply 27
Original post by dan18

circle theorems aren't too bad there's only three theorems that you need to know.
Reply 28
Original post by zed963
It might not be if I remember correctly march 2012 didn't have that as the last question.

(Getting Ready To Be Shot Down ;p)

haha no you are right :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by zed963
circle theorems aren't too bad there's only three theorems that you need to know.

yeah i know, but my brain just seems to struggle with them:confused:
Reply 30
Original post by dan18

Best way to get over them is to practice some questions and watch some youtube videos on them.
Reply 31
I got an A in this exam in March but I'm resitting to get an A* :smile: It was an easy exam overall :smile: Good luck to everyone who's taking it!! :biggrin:
What was the paper like for you ... what sort of topics were on it alot ?
I did it a year ago, but my sister is doing it this year ...
Reply 33
Original post by dan18

What are the 3 circle theory's we need to know??? HELP

I got a B in U2 in march and a A* in U1 last june but am resitting U3 in hopes of attaining an a* hopefully fingers crossed!
Reply 34
Original post by Bumwipe
What are the 3 circle theory's we need to know??? HELP

I got a B in U2 in march and a A* in U1 last june but am resitting U3 in hopes of attaining an a* hopefully fingers crossed!

Good Luck! :smile:

Who invented maths, even with good grades it's still a pain?
Reply 35
Did any of you do the unit 1 paper yesterday??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 36
What are the circle theoroms i need to know for u2??? Pleaae wlpe plwase please please
Reply 37
Original post by zed963
Yeah same I'm just worried about some of the circle theorems that might come up and the volume question which is worth about 4 or 5 marks.....

hey well im doing the maths exam tomorrow to.... i am ok with factorising... etc
iam worried about the volume question ....good luck
Reply 38
Not long now!
I'm gonna revise my ar*** off tonight.
Circle theorems video for people struggling
[video="youtube;iyVfMX_tfgA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyVfMX_tfgA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

If You Want More Please Ask Me
Thank You

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending