Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

DofE Bronze Volunteering

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently doing Bronze DofE (Duke of Edinburgh's Award) and all that I have left to find is my volunteering! I know that I could do volunteering in a local charity shop but I'm already volunteering at one for something else and I feel like doing something different to that. I live in London, I'm 15 and I'm up for doing anything (bar shovelling excessive amounts of poo!). I've also tried most of the head offices of major charities but they've all said that you need to be 16 & over to volunteer there :unimpressed:

(Specific companies to contact/opportunities would be greatly appreciated but any general answers would be great as well!)

Thanks in advance :banana2:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I volunteered in a charity shop for Bronze.. or could have been old people's home. Actually no that was later on. Ah i remember now, is there any sort of anti-bullying or peer support scheme in school you can get involved in? Or supervising in school discos?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Nope I don't think so 'cause my school has qualified people to come in to our school and they have a whole department for it so its unlikely that I could do something for like that. And we don't have school discos! But thanks anyway
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I volunteered in a hospital Cafe for a charity called "The League of Friends". Just simple tasks like cleaning tables and restocking the drinks fridge.

I've just got the sports section to do now. I'm not really a sporty person so it will be hard to find something for that.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried local youth groups? Maybe Beavers, Cubs or Brownies. They'll usually be happy to accept young people for a few weeks to help out.

Another method could be through groups such as Lions International. If your local area has a lions club write to their president asking if you can help out at a few local events. Chances are they'll say yes (And Lions usually are really nice people)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 11, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.