The Student Room Group

Duke of Edinburgh - Bronze question

hello,

I'm doing the DofE bronze award and as part of that, I need to do an activity for about 12 weeks. I'm learning cooking at a local college but it's only for 8 weeks. I can continue for another 4 weeks in September, but that means there will be a gap during the summer.

Does anyone know if I can have a gap during the DofE bronze activities?

Another idea is that I could try cooking for 4 weeks after the course, for an elderly neighbour and add that as part of my activity but not sure if that counts?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Hi, I did the DOFE Bronze award last year and honestly my accessors didn’t really care that much at all. Just make sure you get your accessor to sign off your form online or in person. As for your question, as long as you do your activity for the set time period eg three months, it doesn’t matter if you have a gap or not.
Reply 2
Original post by dinesh2001
hello,

I'm doing the DofE bronze award and as part of that, I need to do an activity for about 12 weeks. I'm learning cooking at a local college but it's only for 8 weeks. I can continue for another 4 weeks in September, but that means there will be a gap during the summer.

Does anyone know if I can have a gap during the DofE bronze activities?

Another idea is that I could try cooking for 4 weeks after the course, for an elderly neighbour and add that as part of my activity but not sure if that counts?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hey, Gold DofE Award holder here,

They just want to see your commitment so continuing after a break shows that you are passionate about your activity. If you explain your time scales in your report at the end on Edofe it will be absolutely find to have a gap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending