Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sociology Basics Exam (Unit 1) 19th June OCR

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Xerxes)
    I did all of the small questions first ans left question 5 and 9 for last; it was all going well until i left only 4 minutes for question nine and wrote only 2 things for "For" and one line for against... I think i did well on 5 though .... Anyone forget what to put for the queen and katie price picture? I realised it was achieved and ascribes AFTER THE EXAM!! :'(
    That was easy. I only did terrible on the 2nd paper that i did
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddy-Francis)
    That was easy. I only did terrible on the 2nd paper that i did
    For the Katie Price/Queen answer. What order was it. I put Ascribed (as I think the Queen was source C) then Achieved (as Katie Price was source D). But I've got a feeling it was the other way around.

Also, for the second exam, for the first question, I wrote that the girl had been taught the female role was to do chores such as cooking and cleaning, is that an alright answer/
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwaku_96)
    For the Katie Price/Queen answer. What order was it. I put Ascribed (as I think the Queen was source C) then Achieved (as Katie Price was source D). But I've got a feeling it was the other way around.

Also, for the second exam, for the first question, I wrote that the girl had been taught the female role was to do chores such as cooking and cleaning, is that an alright answer/
    YOu will get marks.. I put for the 2nd one that they play with dolls while boys play with cars
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We never had the second exam lol :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddy-Francis)
    It is newspaper or newspaper article. They will accept both xD
    And according to last years mark scheme they will accept media materials
    For the prisoners POV, I wrote diary/qualititative data. For the other question, I wrote that prison was boring and that's why he disliked it so much.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Xerxes)
    I did all of the small questions first ans left question 5 and 9 for last; it was all going well until i left only 4 minutes for question nine and wrote only 2 things for "For" and one line for against... I think i did well on 5 though .... Anyone forget what to put for the queen and katie price picture? I realised it was achieved and ascribes AFTER THE EXAM!! :'(
    Yeah i'm in the same predicament, that really ticked me off! personally I don't think katie price has achieved anything!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeodiakosa)
    Yeah i'm in the same predicament, that really ticked me off! personally I don't think katie price has achieved anything!
    For that question, was the Queen the first part of the question and Katie Price the second part of question.

So, for example:

What status does Source C (Queen) have? - Ascribed

What status does Source D (Katie Price) have? - Achieved

Just want to double check.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack xerxes)
    we never had the second exam lol :/
    *air high five*
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwaku_96)
    For that question, was the Queen the first part of the question and Katie Price the second part of question.

So, for example:

What status does Source C (Queen) have? - Ascribed

What status does Source D (Katie Price) have? - Achieved

Just want to double check.
    Thats right.. Well thats what i put :cool:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 26, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.