The Student Room Group

`How much revision a day

My first exam is a level psychology on the 19th May so I have 16 days. My idea is to blurt the 4 topics on paper 1 , read through notes , use flashcards and answer exam questions. But how do I squash all of that into 16 days in addition to revising for sociology which is another content heavy subject and needs more attention, but that exam is on the 22nd May .My last subject is maths which isn't until the 6th of June but I can't just not look at anything for maths for one month. Any tips for time management ? I am still attending college classes too.
Reply 1
hey I do psychology and sociology too! if it works for you, I would really recommend combining active recall and spaced repetition (google if you aren't sure) which ive been doing since last Monday and its really effective for getting content in - I have quizlets for everything in psychology and sociology if you want to have a look? and practice questions ofc, although don't underestimate the value of even just planning essays which can be so so useful too :smile:
Original post by izzy4509x
hey I do psychology and sociology too! if it works for you, I would really recommend combining active recall and spaced repetition (google if you aren't sure) which ive been doing since last Monday and its really effective for getting content in - I have quizlets for everything in psychology and sociology if you want to have a look? and practice questions ofc, although don't underestimate the value of even just planning essays which can be so so useful too :smile:

That would be amazing thank you so much !! What’s the username ? It’s stressing me out how close together the first 2 exams are. I’ll definelty try that because I’m always doing revision for hours straight then burning out rather tan doing breaks and spacing it all out. Good luck for your exams :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by kerry.woollands
That would be amazing thank you so much !! What’s the username ? It’s stressing me out how close together the first 2 exams are. I’ll definelty try that because I’m always doing revision for hours straight then burning out rather tan doing breaks and spacing it all out. Good luck for your exams :smile:

no worries! :smile: its izzy4509 but here's a link (hopefully if it works haha) to psychology paper 1 as well! https://quizlet.com/Izzy4509/folders/paper-1
Original post by kerry.woollands
My first exam is a level psychology on the 19th May so I have 16 days. My idea is to blurt the 4 topics on paper 1 , read through notes , use flashcards and answer exam questions. But how do I squash all of that into 16 days in addition to revising for sociology which is another content heavy subject and needs more attention, but that exam is on the 22nd May .My last subject is maths which isn't until the 6th of June but I can't just not look at anything for maths for one month. Any tips for time management ? I am still attending college classes too.

Hey!
I would say doing question-based flashcards is the best way to learn. After a practice paper, maybe write some cards on key areas you have missed and then go over them - or as Izzy suggested use other peoples flashcards so you do not have to spend time writing them! Good apps to find flashcards are Brainscape and Quizlet.
You may not be able to get everything done in the detail that you want to before the exam. Just focus on doing a little bit for each topic area to cover all bases. Allow yourself time to rest and sleep too! You will be okay!
Evie (UoS medical student)

Quick Reply

Latest