The Student Room Group

WJEC Maths FP1 June 2012

Hey, was just wondering if anyone took the FP1 exam this morning?
And how did you find it?

Personally, I found the last part of the last question a bit confusing as there were two possible answers depending which equation you chose..
Reply 1
That last question was nasty overall. I'll probably be resitting, I doubt I've got anywhere near an A.
Reply 2
The last part was horrible! But apart from that I hougt it was all really good! This is already my resit so hoping for an A with that :biggrin:
Reply 3
I'm glad other people found the last question hard! My 3rd resit, resitting an A already but wanted a higher UMS mark - cross fingers now.
Hope it went okay for everyone else, will be check here to see if anyone managed to get the answers :biggrin:
Reply 4
that last question was an absolute nightmare! spun me out so much lol! but I found everything else ok overall :smile:
Reply 5
does anyone know the answer to qs 2 on fp1 paper
it was z(2+i)=(1+2i)2
Reply 6
Original post by hamoura93
does anyone know the answer to qs 2 on fp1 paper
it was z(2+i)=(1+2i)2

From my memory, think it was root 5 for the modulus and 1.75ish rads for the arg
Reply 7
Original post by catrin93
From my memory, think it was root 5 for the modulus and 1.75ish rads for the arg

awww damn ir :frown: so i got it wrong in complex form then:frown: thank u :smile:
im just tryin to roughly c where i stand in fp1
Reply 8
Original post by catrin93

yep! I got this too!
Reply 9
What part of the last question did everyone find hard? I didn't think the end was too bad!
Reply 10
Original post by slurm
What part of the last question did everyone find hard? I didn't think the end was too bad!

I think it was the fact I wasn't sure about my answer..whereas the rest of the paper I was pretty sure I'd got right - I think it was the 'm' variable thing that spun me out.

what answer did you get? i can't remember at all what I got but I still had "m" in my radius and coordinates?? haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending